Good Look, Criminoles.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Man, Jimbo really needs to get his kids under control! I wonder if he'll dismiss Cook like he did the backup QB? If he does, they're screwed, and if he doesn't, it's a blatant double standard. I bet he wishes he could go back and do the first punishment a little differently.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Two in two days. The Criminole$ are going to have a very difficult time recruiting cheerleaders if this keeps up.

If you are a female attending FSU apparently you should not go into a bar near the campus unless you are with Ronda Rousey. I'll put my money on her against these cowards who feel the need to hit a woman. What a couple of gutless punks.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Jimbo's official statement:

(Sounds like it was crafted by a Washington spin doctor.)

"Recent events at Florida State University involving members of my football team have brought a lot of attention to the school and program. It is important to me that our fans and the public be aware that I do not tolerate the type of behavior that was captured on video and that was most recently alleged. We spend a good deal of time educating our student-athletes about appropriate behavior and their responsibilities as representatives of Florida State. The majority of our players are exemplary, but clearly we must place an even stronger emphasis on this, and I personally promise we will.

I remain committed to educating our young men and holding them accountable for their actions.

Florida State is a great university. Our fans and supporters deserve better than to hear of actions that are not consistent with the school’s proud history and national stature.

We will do better. I will not tolerate anything less."

http://www.scout.com/college/florida-state/story/1562556-jimbo-fisher-issues-statement-after-arrests

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He's tweeted that he's transferring to UF.
WABj5UNV.jpeg

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Statements like "I have asked Coach Fisher and Athletics Director Stan Wilcox to develop a plan to help our student-athletes understand the consequences of these kinds of actions," make me angry. First they shouldn't stop punching women because they understand there are bad consequences, they shouldn't do it because it is wrong. Also if their "student-athletes" don't already understand the consequences of such actions they shouldn't be in college at all.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Well, FSU is a school that completely blackballed a female graduate student who had a professor attempt to extort sex from her for grades, etc. She refused and he kept at it and was going to fail her as retaliation so when she learned he had been using this routine for years on other grad students she decided to speak up and go to the dean, provost, university president, etc. They all ignored her complaints refused to investigate or hold hearings, simply accepting his denials, and made her miserable until she left the program. Of course, she could have gone to the press (she just wanted to move on) and they stupidly risked pushing her into that choice, but they got away with it. She is the daughter of a professor at another college with impeccable credentials. Anyway, in my opinion it is a terrible school run by terrible people.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
In Charlotte at the ACCCG, we saw the Florida State team leave a movie and walk through the Fan Central crowd. They came out single-file, led and followed by several Charlotte p.d. officers. Coaches intermingled. They never acknowledged their fans, and walked out of the complex.

My wife recalled that just now as I mentioned this thread. She said, "The more I think about Florida State's track record with football players and discipline, the more I think those police officers were there to protect the crowd-- not the football team!"