Golfers win in Palm Desert

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like our ranking this year is quite a bit lower than we're accustomed. Assuming we graduated a lot of talent recently?

Edit: Forgot to say... still a great win!! Congrats to the team.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, the last 2 Amateur Champions:

Andy Ogletree 2019
Tyler Strafaci 2020

The last 3 obvious champions I see from the same school were:

Tiger Woods 1994
Tiger Woods 1995
Tiger Woods 1996

Stanford's (i.e. Tiger Woods') reign was broken by:

Matt Kuchar 1997

Ollie and Luke Schniederjans were also great golfers for us. Ollie was the #1 ranked amateur golfer at one point during his time at Tech, but didn't win the title. Their brother Ben was also a solid pitcher for us, by the way. Injuries derailed his baseball career, but he was impressive at times while he was healthy. Would have liked to see what he could have done if healthy throughout his GT baseball career.

Bottom line, Georgia Tech is one of the blue bloods of collegiate golf. We just keep re-loading... Keep it up guys, and win it all this year!

Deleted member 2897

You’re only off by about 2500 miles :rolleyes:

Sorry, Palm ****ING Beach, not Palm Sorings. That’s what you took from that post on our golfers? FFS.

Palm Beach, Palm Gardens, West Palm Beach and yes, even a Palm Springs are all right there.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Sorry, Palm ****ING Beach, not Palm Sorings. That’s what you took from that post on our golfers? FFS.

Palm Beach, Palm Gardens, West Palm Beach and yes, even a Palm Springs are all right there.
No, but I’d have though you’d mentioned Whaley who started the week +3 and is now 2 under in 27th. There’s a lot of seasons left but he needs the Fedex cup points. A third strong day in a row might put him in fair shape.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not a good weekend. At one point yesterday Robert Castro was in 1st, then faded late. Today he just recorded 4 bogeys in a row to drop out of Top 20. Hadley & Whaley had a good Sunday. Finishing probably around 15th & 30th respectively.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Tringale had the 36 hole lead today and is now tied 2nd after 12. Out the the top 10 he’s the only over par. He needs a sports psychologist. Over the recent years he’s had real good first 36 then fades.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Tringale had the 36 hole lead today and is now tied 2nd after 12. Out the the top 10 he’s the only over par. He needs a sports psychologist. Over the recent years he’s had real good first 36 then fades.
Yeah he started out wobbly then put his 2nd shot on par 5 #2 in the junk, almost saved it but bogeyed. Then he settled down to claw back to a 2 stroke lead. Bogeys on 11-13 caused him to fall 2 shots back, now he birdied 14 to move to 1 back. He’s looking up at Charlie Hoffman and Spieth’s grommet now. We’ll see if he matures over the next 24 hrs and pulls out a win. He can do it.

Hadley shot -6 to get in Top 10, knotted at -5 with 6 others including Kuchar. A lot of $$ for him probably riding on a shot or 2 tomorrow depending on how he plays. Hope he’s as hot as today.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah he started out wobbly then put his 2nd shot on par 5 #2 in the junk, almost saved it but bogeyed. Then he settled down to claw back to a 2 stroke lead. Bogeys on 11-13 caused him to fall 2 shots back, now he birdied 14 to move to 1 back. He’s looking up at Charlie Hoffman and Spieth’s grommet now. We’ll see if he matures over the next 24 hrs and pulls out a win. He can do it.

Hadley shot -6 to get in Top 10, knotted at -5 with 6 others including Kuchar. A lot of $$ for him probably riding on a shot or 2 tomorrow depending on how he plays. Hope he’s as hot as today.
He'll need a 64 tomorrow to have a chance.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

It’s amazing what these guys can earn even as journeymen. I looked up Bryce Molders earnings and they were around $10mil.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It’s amazing what these guys can earn even as journeymen. I looked up Bryce Molders earnings and they were around $10mil.
I have often wondered if it were better to be Tiger, Phil, Rory or Jordan where you are world famous, winning majors, endorsements, etc. but can't walk through a hotel or restaurant without signing autographs, getting stopped by fans, etc. or the 50th guy on the money list making well above 7 figures but being able to eat out in anonymity.

slugboy

Staff member
I have often wondered if it were better to be Tiger, Phil, Rory or Jordan where you are world famous, winning majors, endorsements, etc. but can't walk through a hotel or restaurant without signing autographs, getting stopped by fans, etc. or the 50th guy on the money list making well above 7 figures but being able to eat out in anonymity.
I’m not sure how much of the seven figures you get to keep. There are a slew of expenses (travel, fees, caddies). I’m sure being number 50 is a lot better than number 120

This is old, but it’s a life of stress being number 126

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I, Longfordodd, couldn’t imagine not having any privacy with people ogling me everywhere I went. You can only be so happy even with 100 mil in the bank.