Golf team starting strong

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Dwags also handily winning their regional - hope we finish ahead of them at national this time. Last years last-second fall into a tie was super disappointing.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Has to be our best shot at a national title since baseball in 2019. Volleyball was quite good a season ago too. I believe it’s been 16 years since the last GT national championship (W Tennis).

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Has to be our best shot at a national title since baseball in 2019. Volleyball was quite good a season ago too. I believe it’s been 16 years since the last GT national championship (W Tennis).
This team has the potential to win it all and I hope they do. They should be good in match play with the number of birdies they can make.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe we will be playing at Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, AZ. Does anyone know how we matchup on that course. We obviously prefer the longer courses where we can take advantage of our length.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
First round is tomorrow - hope they stay hot.
I watched some of the semis and finals of the women's matches the past couple of days. First of all it was REALLY hot. Not sure if that gives us any advantage. The course appears to have US Open rough. Leave the fairway or come up short on the greens and your ball disappears in what looks like 4 inch deep rough. So accuracy will be a premium. Yesterday's broadcast talked about the lightning the course up before the men play. I took that to mean the men will see much faster and dryer conditions on the greens. I wouldn't look for the extremely low scores that were posted in the regionals during the rounds of stroke play. I have a feeling that par will be a good score on most holes. Hopefully the course will be set up for some par 5's that the long hitters can take advantage of and not make everything just target golf. I know Golf Channel will broadcast the match play rounds like they did for the women. I'm not aware of any broadcast of the stroke play rounds.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I watched some of the semis and finals of the women's matches the past couple of days. First of all it was REALLY hot. Not sure if that gives us any advantage. The course appears to have US Open rough. Leave the fairway or come up short on the greens and your ball disappears in what looks like 4 inch deep rough. So accuracy will be a premium. Yesterday's broadcast talked about the lightning the course up before the men play. I took that to mean the men will see much faster and dryer conditions on the greens. I wouldn't look for the extremely low scores that were posted in the regionals during the rounds of stroke play. I have a feeling that par will be a good score on most holes. Hopefully the course will be set up for some par 5's that the long hitters can take advantage of and not make everything just target golf. I know Golf Channel will broadcast the match play rounds like they did for the women. I'm not aware of any broadcast of the stroke play rounds.
Important to make top 8 in stroke play to get to match play. Would be nice to get one of our guys as individual champion.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
-1 T5 out of 15 teams nearing the turn. Ross Steelman is -3 and in sole possession of 1st overall for individuals at the moment. The back 9 seems to be playing a little easier than the front, judging strictly by the leaderboard so hopefully we can put up some good scores on the back and climb the leaderboard a bit.

Pups are T1 at -3 :confused:, Dook are tied with us at 5th, and Free Shoes are T8 at even.