Golf team starting strong

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
"drive for show, putt for dough" UF made them. We didn't
At this level, just like the pro game, it usually comes down to who makes the putts. Now hitting the ball closer to the flag makes this a lot easier. There were several short to medium length putts missed that the guys were making earlier in the tournament. Hard to say if the magnitude of the moment got to them or not but UF made more shots when it counted. It was the end of a really good season. Too bad we couldn't close the deal. One of our guys lost his swing during the tournament and golf is such a mental (confidence) game and sometimes it's hard to find the zone needed to play at the highest level.
I am sure our team can beat them in basketball though.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Since the tournaments that comprise our schedule all seem to be away some where, do we have a "home course", or is that not a thing in college golf? Where do we practice? East Lake? Or is that what the Noonan Center near Atlantic Station is for?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Since the tournaments that comprise our schedule all seem to be away some where, do we have a "home course", or is that not a thing in college golf? Where do we practice? East Lake? Or is that what the Noonan Center near Atlantic Station is for?
East Lake and CC of Georgia. I asked Bruce that last time I saw him. My guess is we pay those courses for access in some sort of membership. Duke men and women use our course at times and there is a special deal set up with them even though they have their own course.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
East Lake and CC of Georgia. I asked Bruce that last time I saw him. My guess is we pay those courses for access in some sort of membership. Duke men and women use our course at times and there is a special deal set up with them even though they have their own course.
I think on the Golf Channel telecast (I forget after which team match) Bruce was being interviewed. I was paying half attention (that's a problem these days :) ) and Bruce mentioned how a tournament to be played this summer (?), The East Lake Cup, was going to be like a home game (STTE).

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I think on the Golf Channel telecast (I forget after which team match) Bruce was being interviewed. I was paying half attention (that's a problem these days :) ) and Bruce mentioned how a tournament to be played this summer (?), The East Lake Cup, was going to be like a home game (STTE).
Yeah it’s Mon-Weds after Homecoming

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
We also have a short "practice course" in west midtown near campus. Almost like a two-hole obstacle course.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
We also have a short "practice course" in west midtown near campus. Almost like a two-hole obstacle course.
That's what I was referring to as the "Noonan Center". It's been there several years, as I'm sure you know. Tom Noonan, Christopher Klaus' business partner in Internet Security Systems, donated funds to refurbish it recently, got his name put over the entrance.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
That's what I was referring to as the "Noonan Center". It's been there several years, as I'm sure you know. Tom Noonan, Christopher Klaus' business partner in Internet Security Systems, donated funds to refurbish it recently, got his name put over the entrance.

I can't help it...I hear "Noonan" and all I can think is Caddyshack.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Didn't see Christo Lamprecht's victory in The Amateur Championship last week posted yet. Good to see him bounce back after the NCAA's.

"By virtue of his victory, Lamprecht secured exemptions into The 151st Open at Royal Liverpool next month, the U.S. Open, and, by tradition, an invitation to play in the Masters Tournament in 2024."

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Didn't see Christo Lamprecht's victory in The Amateur Championship last week posted yet. Good to see him bounce back after the NCAA's.

"By virtue of his victory, Lamprecht secured exemptions into The 151st Open at Royal Liverpool next month, the U.S. Open, and, by tradition, an invitation to play in the Masters Tournament in 2024."

This was good for his confidence since he was not as sharp during the NCAA championship this year.