Golden is done for the year

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
He should qualify for a medical redshirt. If he had played in one more game, then no.

Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted an athlete who appears in fewer than 30% of his or her team's competitions (with none coming after the midway point of the season), then suffers a season-ending injury. A player who is granted such a waiver is treated for the purposes of his or her eligibility as though he or she had not competed in that season.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
He played as a true freshman, so he also has a regular redshirt year left, but I wonder if that's applicable having played in several games this season.
Looking into it, regular redshirt year is not applicable, since he played in games. I thought there might have been a time limit, but even one play uses a whole year.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Ouch. Both of our starting safeties done for the year. We do have some good young talent in there, but this is a big blow, not only to our secondary but also to our return game. Who do we have who can take it to the house like Golden?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Just had the chance to sign in, I hate to see that about Golden. Hopefully he'll be granted a medical redshirt and be back next year. Tech just has to go on and play the youngins and hope they grow up fast!

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Official now:
Georgia Tech Sports ‏@GTAthletics
.@GTPaulJohnson announced that defensive back Jamal Golden will miss the rest of season due to injury suffered in UNC game