Golden gets Medical Redshirt

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I'm not sure up to how many...I've only heard of one.

Yes you can get a medical redshirt even if you've already used a normal redshirt.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
YES. Need good news in the off-season! Now to stroll over to Jim's site and find out why it's actually not good news. :sneaky:

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Ive got a question... How many medical redshirts can you receive? And can you receive a MR if youve already used a normal redshirt year.
Yes, you can get a medical redshirt when you've already used up your regular redshirt. They generally won't approve/deny it until you've already finished your 5th year and have to appeal for a 6th year to offset the year you were unable to play. See Jason White on Oklahoma a few years back...won the Heisman after his senior year then filed for medical to play a "super senior" year.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting situation at Punt Returner! Smelter did well and seems to have good eyesight and hands to receive the punts. Offhand, I don't remember him having the same ability as Golden in the actual returns.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I would rather have Golden at AB.... (ducks behind his desk).

I would have liked to have seen how it would have played out for him at QB. Dude was Mr. Alabama and Gatorade POY at QB his senior year. His numbers were ridiculous and he's such a great runner with the ball in his hands...you know, a skillset pretty important for our QBs. He was probably a better fit at QB than Vad was.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I would have liked to have seen how it would have played out for him at QB. Dude was Mr. Alabama and Gatorade POY at QB his senior year. His numbers were ridiculous and he's such a great runner with the ball in his hands...you know, a skillset pretty important for our QBs. He was probably a better fit at QB than Vad was.

You know, he was Tevin's backup in HS, right?

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Two good news stories in one week! First more admission exceptions, now Golden gets another year. But I'm just perverse enough to start wondering what torment the Football Gods have in store, now that our hopes have been raised.