Going on the Record

How many games does Tech win next season?

• 0-3

• 7+

Results are only viewable after voting.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Its hilarious because we are not guaranteed 12 games. Do we get at least 12 games the vast majority of the time, yes, but there are obviously cases like 2017 or 2020 where we don't get 12 games, so it's not guaranteed.

In your argument about 6 wins, you are arguing based on the minority of cases. Under normal conditions, 6 wins means we went to a bowl and lost, ending up 6-7 so a losing season overall. Is it possible that Tech gets to 6-6 and either receives no bowl invite or declines a bowl, thus not resulting in a winning or losing season, yes, but there is a very small probability of that happening.

So again, its hilarious because in one argument you are accounting for fringe cases and the other you are ignoring them completely.
Okay. If you find what you wrote funny. It's not really true, but, okay. Don't lose sight of the origin of the comment.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Its hilarious because we are not guaranteed 12 games. Do we get at least 12 games the vast majority of the time, yes, but there are obviously cases like 2017 or 2020 where we don't get 12 games, so it's not guaranteed.

In your argument about 6 wins, you are arguing based on the minority of cases. Under normal conditions, 6 wins means we went to a bowl and lost, ending up 6-7 so a losing season overall. Is it possible that Tech gets to 6-6 and either receives no bowl invite or declines a bowl, thus not resulting in a winning or losing season, yes, but there is a very small probability of that happening.

So again, its hilarious because in one argument you are accounting for fringe cases and the other you are ignoring them completely.
Can we please revive the “Fire Geoff Collins”? As I recall, it was so much more entertaining than the endless characterizations of an unrealized 6-win season in 2022.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Can we please revive the “Fire Geoff Collins”? As I recall, it was so much more entertaining than the endless characterizations of an unrealized 6-win season in 2022.
Did that thread get locked? No wonder there are so many more drive-bys in all the other threads. Please revive it if only to keep the other threads clean.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
"We much beat FSU to have a chance of muddling thru till the reset.
God willing I plan to be in Tallahassee.
PART of PLAN
I will be driving over from Pensacola with my trailer mounted grill with 2 smokers."
I may just have to drive up from Tampa to partake of that feast....

CEB

Helluva Engineer
1647989277233.jpeg

Discuss.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm wrong. 6 wins is not a losing year unless we play 13 or more games. How many seasons since the coaching change have we played 13 or more games? Answer: none. This has gotten out of hand. The original post was in response to a font making a drive-by swipe at the head coach. If you can't see that those types of comments aren't problematic, then there's no help for you. I'm not responding anymore.

How many times have we played a twelve game schedule, won 6 games, and not gone to a bowl?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Did that thread get locked? No wonder there are so many more drive-bys in all the other threads. Please revive it if only to keep the other threads clean.
I tried, the mods didn't like it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This is kind of like UNC's 2021 season. Finished 6-7 after high hopes with a star quarterback and a bevy of talented receivers. They were never the same after losing to the two "Techs" especially the loss to the Jackets. They did manage to beat 2 of the their 3 instate rivals: Duke and #10 Wake Forest so at least half of the Tar Heel glass was full, I suppose. Six wins can be satisfying if you are not expecting much, depending upon who the wins are against. Under the weight of expectations like UNC had, not so much. Which leads to "much ado about nothing".

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
As to the other conversations, I refuse to believe that 6 wins is a winning season nor do I believe it constitutes a successful season or even a satisfactory season. Just my opinion.
6 wins is the logical next step in the “greatest transformation in college football history” >: {

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This is kind of like UNC's 2021 season. Finished 6-7 after high hopes with a star quarterback and a bevy of talented receivers. They were never the same after losing to the two "Techs" especially the loss to the Jackets. They did manage to beat 2 of the their 3 instate rivals: Duke and #10 Wake Forest so at least half of the Tar Heel glass was full, I suppose. Six wins can be satisfying if you are not expecting much, depending upon who the wins are against. Under the weight of expectations like UNC had, not so much. Which leads to "much ado about nothing".
Mack made some coaching changes as a result.