Going Bowling!

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
CBS is projecting the Military Bowl. I'd like to put up another win or two and do something really fun. That said, we'd be happy to go to Annapolis.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Military bowl is less than an hour away from where I live. But that week I'll be in ATL visiting the parents. of course.

18in32

Georgia Tech Fan
Isn't it crazy how a year can change perceptions? Two years ago we were tired of Shreveport and El Paso and the like. Orange Bowl or bust.

But after last year, we're all excited to play in a (potentially) minor bowl game. Just hope we get an interesting (name brand?) opponent. Be nice to defeat three SEC teams in one season... again.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
There goes my hopes of getting to see us play in Detroit the day after Christmas... Thanks a lot Ted Roof.... lol. One of the gutsiest performances I've seen from a Tech team in a while. That's the kind of win that can give this team great moment to end the year. 8 wins is not out of the question. UVA is very winnable and I'm really not that worried about UGA. Hard to believe that we are possibly looking at 8-4 when we were thinking 6-6 at best a week ago.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I am happy for the kids and grateful for the extra practice time. I'll be watching.

Bowls are rewarding players for a good season, but just as important, it allows our staff extra practice time with the young guys. I believe our staff will dedicate a few bowl practices just to work with the younger guys in our offense/defense as opposed to relegating them to scout team duties. Can't stress how important that is.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am happy for the kids and grateful for the extra practice time. I'll be watching.
I do lose perspective sometimes. Bowl appearances are indeed great for the "kids"... These are great experiences for them.

As a Virginia resident, it is extra sweet personally to get eligible by upsetting the Hokies in Blacksburg. I'm not fond of VT.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Bowls are rewarding players for a good season, but just as important, it allows our staff extra practice time with the young guys. I believe our staff will dedicate a few bowl practices just to work with the younger guys in our offense/defense as opposed to relegating them to scout team duties. Can't stress how important that is.
I tried to make this same point last week and was ridiculed for it. I still agree with you though.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I do lose perspective sometimes. Bowl appearances are indeed great for the "kids"... These are great experiences for them.

As a Virginia resident, it is extra sweet personally to get eligible by upsetting the Hokies in Blacksburg. I'm not fond of VT.

VT is more like SEC in mentality than ACC. That's why I'm a UVa fan in-state too. Statistically, no one could have seen this coming. But being +3 on turnovers, having our D play their best game in a few years (related to TOs) and the O eat the clock. Simple, just do that every game now. (tic)

Any bowl is a good bowl at this point. Any bowl within 4 hours of southern Va and after Wednesday the 28th, we'll go to. As to the cold, it's not a problem if you dress right. We froze in the OB since we weren't ready for that damp cold with wind. Could have been but weren't.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
VT is more like SEC in mentality than ACC. That's why I'm a UVa fan in-state too. Statistically, no one could have seen this coming. But being +3 on turnovers, having our D play their best game in a few years (related to TOs) and the O eat the clock. Simple, just do that every game now. (tic)

Any bowl is a good bowl at this point. Any bowl within 4 hours of southern Va and after Wednesday the 28th, we'll go to. As to the cold, it's not a problem if you dress right. We froze in the OB since we weren't ready for that damp cold with wind. Could have been but weren't.

You had to be thrilled with the special teams play yesterday! :)

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
There goes my hopes of getting to see us play in Detroit the day after Christmas... Thanks a lot Ted Roof.... lol. One of the gutsiest performances I've seen from a Tech team in a while. That's the kind of win that can give this team great moment to end the year. 8 wins is not out of the question. UVA is very winnable and I'm really not that worried about UGA. Hard to believe that we are possibly looking at 8-4 when we were thinking 6-6 at best a week ago.

".... not that worried about UGA". What the heck?

- you don't think we have a chance?
- game does not matter?
- we are a cinch to win against someone we are 7 - 23 against the last 30 years?
- no problem beating, at their place, someone that just beat auburn?
- we are so good now that we automatically win this game? (Should be our #1 goal every year)

Just curious.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I am happy for the kids. I think last week shows that what can happen when the kids/coaches are laser focused. I just hope our focus as a team is now beating UVA and having a winning overall record.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
".... not that worried about UGA". What the heck?

- you don't think we have a chance?
- game does not matter?
- we are a cinch to win against someone we are 7 - 23 against the last 30 years?
- no problem beating, at their place, someone that just beat auburn?
- we are so good now that we automatically win this game? (Should be our #1 goal every year)

Just curious.
Because they don't look that. It's a winnable game. Hell, it's been a winnable game all year. I think our win at VT is a hell of a lot more impressive than there win over Auburn