Godhigh Love

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just watched Godhigh's highlights from last year and I just gotta say... what a stud. If that's not a Quizz Rodgers clone I don't know what is. He just pinballed off guys every time he got the ball. And his blocking is outstanding. We've considered Roddy our best true AB thus far at GT, but I think Godhigh takes that crown this year. I love our stable of guys there and wish they could all get lots of touches, but from a blocking, running, and receiving standpoint, let's appreciate what we've got in RG this year!

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
How good are his chances of getting drafted being so small? Quizz is small also. I love to watch Robbie play. Being so short helps him cut block well and knocked to other guys off their feet.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I still cringe every time I think of him getting slammed by the uga player and getting no call. Then I saw that "dawg bite/note video" and it's highlighted there again. I still can't comprehend how that suplex wasn't a personal foul? It was SUCH a dangerous play! If college footballis going to "protect" the players from being "targeted" then shouldn't tackling such as that fall under same criteria? Did CPJ ever send off video of that incident to referees to see why nothing was done to protect Godhigh?

UrinatesOnDawgs

Georgia Tech Fan
Kids a Stud. He's our own muscle hamster. He's put on solid muscle mass this offseason

CCWW_rgbGodhighR_2011SpringGame_sj.jpg

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I still cringe every time I think of him getting slammed by the uga player and getting no call. Then I saw that "dawg bite/note video" and it's highlighted there again. I still can't comprehend how that suplex wasn't a personal foul? It was SUCH a dangerous play! If college footballis going to "protect" the players from being "targeted" then shouldn't tackling such as that fall under same criteria? Did CPJ ever send off video of that incident to referees to see why nothing was done to protect Godhigh?
a) chicken arse ACC refs too scared to call a penalty in a big SEC stadium.
b) the same exact play happened in another game last year, I can't remember who it was. What I do remember is the kid got flagged. Then, on two successive plays, the kid who got slammed's teammates went after the guy who did the slamming. Not enough to get a penalty, but enough to send a message.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
He went to my rival high school (I went to same HS as Finch and am the same year), and he has always been a bowling ball with that low center of gravity. He would tear us to sheds. I'm glad we're on the same team now haha

heeled soul

Georgia Tech Fan
Kids a Stud. He's our own muscle hamster. He's put on solid muscle mass this offseason

CCWW_rgbGodhighR_2011SpringGame_sj.jpg
Looks like each of his thighs are as big as his torso.
I was at the GT at UNC game where I cringed (for my Heels) every time he got the ball. To me, Godhigh really stood out in that game.
In terms of NFL size, I believe Godhigh is 5'7", right? Sproles, Rodgers and Jones-Drew are 5'7" or shorter. Rice is 5'8" and Gio Bernard is 5'9". I think it's more about bulk, and Godhigh has the look.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
a) chicken arse ACC refs too scared to call a penalty in a big SEC stadium.
b) the same exact play happened in another game last year, I can't remember who it was. What I do remember is the kid got flagged. Then, on two successive plays, the kid who got slammed's teammates went after the guy who did the slamming. Not enough to get a penalty, but enough to send a message.
Pretty sure it was IRONICALLY a Bama player slamming a Ugag player.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think he is 5 foot 7 as I am 5 foot 7 and I matched up with him in person (in height only of course). He is all muscle and nothing but muscle.