God bless our military vets and the men and women who serve.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
My son passed this year in an accident. He had just graduated from the Air Force Academy. My son-in-law was in the Army and served a term in Iraq/Kuwait.

I love them both, and I appreciate what they were both willing to do and signed up for.

There is no way to fully thank our vets, but on this day, I also want to add my appreciation for their service and sacrifice to give me and my family freedom.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Freedom's defense often requires rough men to be ready to stand in the gap.
Thanks to mod for adding and women to my post.

We live in condo next to pensacola naval air station and have many flight officer trainees as neighbors . A good portion are female. All of trainees are exemplary.

They gjve us all Hope for the future .
While I spent a year camping out in s e Asia, I honor this day all who served and I especially honor my dad Marine pilot in Pacific and father in law - b17 tail gunner over Germany.
Great half time today

Last edited:

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Don't diminish your own service sir. We can't control our fate. You stood at the ready the same as them. I thank them for their service and bravery also.
I was one of those also, during the cold war . Right now this minute, the men and women of our military are watchmen on the wall every where on this globe. The DMZ of Korea, Submarines on station, carrier task forces on station, flight lines manned and ready, lonely guard duty around the world. To them all, I say thanks and a big thank you to the families at home taking care of the children and household responsibilities alone.

I thank all that have served, from the rag tagged Continental Army to today's warriors and heroes. Especially to those whose blood is represented by the red stripes of our flag. The history of the bravery and resolve under fire of our military is incredible. And as has been pointed out, we left only White Crosses and Stars of David to occupy lands we helped free.

God bless them all and hold them beneath Your wings of protection!!