Go (Wieters) Nats!!!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
This may be a tough sell to what I assume are mostly Braves fans on this forum...I can respect that. But plenty of room and reason to jump on the Nationals bandwagon as we hit the home stretch of the 2017 MLB season.

Yesterday, the Braves provided the hammer for the final nail in the NL East divisional race coffin for the Washington Nationals. The Nats entered the day with a magic number at 2... they won and needed the Braves to beat Miami to clinched the division. In dramatic fashion (11th inning after a couple of comebacks), the Braves walked-off the Marlins.

So... the Nationals have clinched soooooo early. :)(y) The are up 20 games with 19 left.

Here are some good reasons to "like" the Nationals here in 2017...the team is anchored by 4 key players out of the ACC including one of the best Jackets to put on the uniform:

1) Matt Wieters (C)- A "pro's pro"... he's had a great year. His numbers may not jump off the stat sheet; but that is not his role on a very powerful/productive lineup. He's a steady force behind the plate calling pitches for what most would say is the best starting staff in the MLB. The Nats did well acquiring him this past off-season.
2) Trea Turner (SS) - NC State product. Leadoff hitter who is fast, fast, FAST. If you like speed in baseball (who doesn't?).. this kid is fun the watch.
3) Ryan Zimmerman (1B) - UVA product and longest tenured professional athlete in DC (includes Skins, Wiz, & Caps). He's been healthy all year (finally) and a fan favorite.
4) Sean Doolittle (Closer) - Trade deadline addition. UVA product. Is 17 of 17 in save opportunities since joining the team.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/100417aab.html

First of all...how about Charlie Blackmon winning the NL batting title! Outstanding!! GO Jackets!!

Ok.. and then there was ONE. All you Yellow Jackets have no choice...the Washington Nationals! With the Rockies wild card loss last night and Charlie Blackmon's exit, Wieters is the only Jacket left in the MLB post season. He will be key as the pitch caller for the stout pitching staff Washington fields.

Get on the National's bandwagon!!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/100417aab.html

First of all...how about Charlie Blackmon winning the NL batting title! Outstanding!! GO Jackets!!

Ok.. and then there was ONE. All you Yellow Jackets have no choice...the Washington Nationals! With the Rockies wild card loss last night and Charlie Blackmon's exit, Wieters is the only Jacket left in the MLB post season. He will be key as the pitch caller for the stout pitching staff Washington fields.

Get on the National's bandwagon!!
I'm sorry but I don't care who is on the Nationals. They're like Georgia to me, so go Cubs!!

65Jacket

GT Athlete
WE'll probably have to wait until well into the season to see if any of our pitching arms can hold together.