Gibbs Named ACC Rookie of the Week

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
DP said it himself, if there is a better group of backs in the country, he wants to see them.

It’s early yet, but Gibbs looks like the multi-tool back you can build an offense around ala Marshall Faulk or Alvin Kamara. Exciting to have a back like that here.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Is there a recruiting play to be made that basically goes "Hey Mr. O-Lineman, if you want to make sure you get seen by a lot of NFL scouts come play in front of these RBs. They'll have the eye of every NFL team on them for the next three years" ?

It seems like we could leverage these guys as a legit reason to play O-Line for this offense, but I don't really have a clue how recruiting really works...

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
He is right near the top of these freshmen rankings after just 1 game as well... Gibbs will be a BEAST...

That list - Miles Murphy of Clemson, currently shown at top. Impressive stats.....wait for it.... against Citadel....C’mon Man!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That list - Miles Murphy of Clemson, currently shown at top. Impressive stats.....wait for it.... against Citadel....C’mon Man!

I like that energy, sir. It should be more surprising for a Clem player to not put up stats against the Citadel.

How about using some context and upgrading the guy that shined vs a ranked opponent?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Those are cumulative stats. Last week he had 7 tackles, 3 TFL, and 2 sacks against Wake. He actually didn't play a whole lot against Citadel.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Those are cumulative stats. Last week he had 7 tackles, 3 TFL, and 2 sacks against Wake. He actually didn't play a whole lot against Citadel.

Point taken, however Wake is hardly a powerhouse. But, any 5-star player should be noticeable early on.

Hopefully, our freshmen will stand out greater than him, in a positive way, when we play them on Oct 17th!

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, I’m thinking PJ thinks Gibbs is a top 8-10 kind of guy!!!!:)
I’m actually thinking we have three of them on offense as true freshman.
Please keep them coming!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The way the NFL views RBs now, all of our RBs should be thankful they have other great talent at their position. What I mean is, our RBs are not being asked to put a lot of mileage on their bodies and legs because our coaches know they can put the next guy in without a dropoff in production. That means something, not only to keep them fresh for the season, but keeping the mileage low for their draft prospects. NFL teams no longer want college RBs with too many carries in college because it means investing money into a player with a limited shelf life. Unfortunately, that's how RBs are now viewed by NFL teams.