Gibbs has announced his commitment to bama

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Did he follow him to The next school?
Don’t know the argument and am not taking sides.

But, Choice ended up at UT. As a RB transfer, that would probably be the last place I’d go for 1 year. We do know that Gibbs did wait until after Choice landed to announce e was going to Alabama. Might it have been a USCw decision until Choice changed? I definitely don’t know, but it could have been.

Did I stir that pot enough?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Don’t know the argument and am not taking sides.

But, Choice ended up at UT. As a RB transfer, that would probably be the last place I’d go for 1 year. We do know that Gibbs did wait until after Choice landed to announce e was going to Alabama. Might it have been a USCw decision until Choice changed? I definitely don’t know, but it could have been.

Did I stir that pot enough?

It very well could have been he was gogin to go play at USCw but when choice went to texas he told gibbs chase a championship.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs reminds me of Alvin Kamara.
Playing style, maybe. When I think of Alvin Kamara, I think of him leaving UT because of the pettiness of Butch Jones who frequently benched him despite everyone knowing he was a superstar. Same for Jalen Hurd ... a great running back who transferred as well.

In some cases, these transfers are a chance to play and make it to the pros. In other cases, they are a vote on the coach.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
C’mon man. We as a program failed Gibbs more than he failed us. We have to own that.

This is his life and he felt like going to another program (Bama) set him up in an advantageous position compared to what we were giving him. Anyone on this board who says they wouldn’t have to think long and hard about their own version, if offered a similar upgrade in football earning potential as Bama brings to him, is either a fool or dishonest.

I love the Institute and believe graduation from GT confers real value beyond football - but if my kid was an NFL, potential Heisman candidate and was staring down our situation versus going to play in the NFL Lite, I’d not be advising him to stay.

IIWII, and feel free to flame away at me, but this is a clear cut cost/benefit analysis and us laying goose egg after goose egg doesn’t provide a lot of confidence that staying his last year, predraft, makes sense.

Go to Bama, get drafted and paid that NIL money then come home to GT to finish your degree later down the road. Just keep your nose clean academically so the Bama credits transfer back to GT

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
Playing style, maybe. When I think of Alvin Kamara, I think of him leaving UT because of the pettiness of Butch Jones who frequently benched him despite everyone knowing he was a superstar. Same for Jalen Hurd ... a great running back who transferred as well.

In some cases, these transfers are a chance to play and make it to the pros. In other cases, they are a vote on the coach.
I meant in the way he plays. Small, but tough and very quick. I don't know anything about him personally.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

Kamara transferred to Tennesse from alamaba. Maybe you meant he left for the NFL? But you are right with Hurd.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

Kamara transferred from Bama to Tennessee where he and Hurd split carries pretty evenly. Hurd wanted to play WR though, so after running for 2400 yards in 3 seasons he transferred to Baylor to play WR.

I’m not sure why you would think about Kamara leaving UT in the draft and compare that to Gibbs. Doesn’t really make sense

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
And the irony is that Kamara transferred from Alabama to Tennessee because of the style of offense. I have no idea whether Alabama is still running the same offense they were back then.

I do agree with this comparison.
Alabama is playing a much more wide open style of offense than they used to. More downfield passing and less smashmouth than they had been. Gibbs is well-suited to be a playmaker in their offense with so many more weapons that need to be defended.

Kamara, CMac, Marshall Faulk, Priest Holmes. ..that's the kind of back I see when I watch Gibbs play.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
And the irony is that Kamara transferred from Alabama to Tennessee because of the style of offense. I have no idea whether Alabama is still running the same offense they were back then.

I do agree with this comparison.

He had knee surgery during the preseason, then redshirted as a true freshman when he was unable to break into a recruitment class that featured three other future NFL running backs in Derrick Henry, T. J. Yeldon, and Kenyan Drake.

He also playe din 2013 which was nussmeier and the last gasp of the old school two back bama offense. Kiffen was brought in the very next season

JacketFan137

Banned
He had knee surgery during the preseason, then redshirted as a true freshman when he was unable to break into a recruitment class that featured three other future NFL running backs in Derrick Henry, T. J. Yeldon, and Kenyan Drake.

He also playe din 2013 which was nussmeier and the last gasp of the old school two back bama offense. Kiffen was brought in the very next season
alvin was also extremely undisciplined and has admitted it himself lol

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe not the correct place to post, but... GT is NOT A FACTORY. your not going to get those guys. Are you really surprised Gibbs, bailed ? You would think after all these years, you should understand that GT is not a place most studs, that dont dream of being Engineers. Can't or dont want to go thru the GT grind. You can do all the " 404" crap you want. end of the day. GT is a real hard in your face have to attend class actually pass school. So w the DR Pepper trasportal, Unless someone want to as some $$$$$$$$$$$ its not going to get better, Its not about Coaches. It is only about $$$$$$$$$

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Maybe not the correct place to post, but... GT is NOT A FACTORY. your not going to get those guys. Are you really surprised Gibbs, bailed ? You would think after all these years, you should understand that GT is not a place most studs, that dont dream of being Engineers. Can't or dont want to go thru the GT grind. You can do all the " 404" crap you want. end of the day. GT is a real hard in your face have to attend class actually pass school. So w the DR Pepper trasportal, Unless someone want to as some $$$$$$$$$$$ its not going to get better, Its not about Coaches. It is only about $$$$$$$$$

The 404 **** is going to bite us in the *** if Ga State ends up with an American invite due to realignmnet and the American wanting an atlanta team for recruiting.