Gibbs has announced his commitment to bama

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
When he gets in the NFL are we allowed to count him as a jacket in the league? I wonder if we’re just gonna be a steppingstone from now on?

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
On the bright side this transfer somewhat decreases Georgia's chances of a natty next year.

TheStolenT

Georgia Tech Fan
I think this will be an interesting study to see where he ends up in the draft. As bad as we are, I think if he stays here and stays consistent, he's a first round pick next year. Will be interesting to see if can do better or worse at Bama. The O-line will be better but so is the competition both from other teams and in his own RB room. Hope nothing but the best for the kid, but it will be fun to see how it plays out

bennyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to be that guy that keeps bringing up CPJ. But I don't think Gibbs heart was ever at GT based on what was being said when he was being recruited. CPJ always said he recruited people that fit in here and wanted to be here. I don't think this guy ever wanted to be here. I could be wrong, but that is the way I see it. Best of luck to Gibbs, I'm still happy he suited up for GT. I hope he has a very successful career.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Not to be that guy that keeps bringing up CPJ. But I don't think Gibbs heart was ever at GT based on what was being said when he was being recruited. CPJ always said he recruited people that fit in here and wanted to be here. I don't think this guy ever wanted to be here. I could be wrong, but that is the way I see it. Best of luck to Gibbs, I'm still happy he suited up for GT. I hope he has a very successful career.

I have a feeling Choice knew he was leaving himself before gibbs announced. When choice privately told the running back room we saw people declare to transfer. They managed to talk griffen back. But gibbs came here to play for Choice and learn from choice not because he was thinking about a 40 year plan or anything like that.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
He didn’t want to be here? He only came here over every school in the country. There was a vision and goal that seemed achievable when he commited and then signed here. It didn’t pan out. You seriously think Jahmyr leaves if we win 10 and play in a big bowl? He’s a once in a generation caliber player for Tech, it just so happens he got unlucky with probably the worst era of Tech football ever. This was not a “man I never liked tech get me out of here” decision. This was 2 years of 3 wins, my position coach is leaving, I have one year to ball out and make the NFL decision.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm just not sure how he will do - don't get me wrong, he's good and will play - but as their #1 back I'm just not sure. He is very fast and probably the best in the country on wheel routes and out of the backfield. As a return man, maybe the best in country. Running up the middle and breaking tackles, not so sure on him yet. Maybe a good move by him to see how good is he against the best. Wish him the best. And he said he was tired of losing, he won't lose much any more.