Giancarlo Stanton is going to be playing for the Yankees in 2018

THWG

Helluva Engineer
With the addition of Giancarlo Stanton the Yankees will have one hell of a lineup in 2018. There is no reason the Yankees can't win the World Series in 2018! What do y'all think?
Like every year, I think the Braves are going to win it (until we're all but mathematically eliminated the 3rd week into the season). I'm seriously going to wait on any MLB predictions until the offseason is over. There are just too many impactful trades and signings that have yet to come.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Rich get richer, every owner of the Marlins has crapped all over the fan bases down there and then wonder why they can't fill that shiny new stadium.
I understand why they traded him and Gordon with probably more to come, but for Stanton they should have demanded a couple of more prospects or Frazier. I don't think that what they got back was worth it.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Like every year, I think the Braves are going to win it (until we're all but mathematically eliminated the 3rd week into the season). I'm seriously going to wait on any MLB predictions until the offseason is over. There are just too many impactful trades and signings that have yet to come.
Sadly I don't think the cheap arse owners of the Braves will spend the money needed to build a winner:cry::arghh:

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Sadly I don't think the cheap arse owners of the Braves will spend the money needed to build a winner:cry::arghh:
Unfortunately, this is the truth. I hope that they can shed Matt Kemp this off-season and let him be a DH. I really like him, but he is so limited thanks to his injuries. They need to call Acuna up and let him play left, keep Markakis in right and t hen find a 3rd baseman. Maybe shell out the money for Moustakas. If they don't do that then Camargo needs to play 3rd. I hate to waist another year of Freeman's prime, but I think that this year needs to be a learning year for the young players and pitchers, especially Gohara and Newcomb. 2019 will be the year that I expect the Braves to contend.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, this is the truth. I hope that they can shed Matt Kemp this off-season and let him be a DH. I really like him, but he is so limited thanks to his injuries. They need to call Acuna up and let him play left, keep Markakis in right and t hen find a 3rd baseman. Maybe shell out the money for Moustakas. If they don't do that then Camargo needs to play 3rd. I hate to waist another year of Freeman's prime, but I think that this year needs to be a learning year for the young players and pitchers, especially Gohara and Newcomb. 2019 will be the year that I expect the Braves to contend.
I would give this bunch of players until 2019 or 2020 to contend for a Wildcard Playoff spot or I would blow up the team and start over;) I think if the Braves have a losing record going into the 2018 trade deadline Freddy Freeman will be traded to whoever makes the best offer.

Last edited: