Georgia Tech's International Football Clinic Set for April 16

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
The info is here.

Nice to see that this has become an annual tradition and is in its third year. Events designed to make the football players feel more a part of the student body as well as increase interest and awareness of the sport for all the foreign-born students are great ideas.

"The clinic is only for international students. Free registration began in mid-March and reached capacity in less than two weeks.
More than 4,800 Georgia Tech students, including 1,500 undergraduate students, originate from outside the United States."

The bolded indicates that the football team's success is noticed far and wide. I wonder how many Australians enrolled at Tech this year? Is Kallon written about in the British press the way that Gotsis is down under?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The info is here.

Nice to see that this has become an annual tradition and is in its third year. Events designed to make the football players feel more a part of the student body as well as increase interest and awareness of the sport for all the foreign-born students are great ideas.

"The clinic is only for international students. Free registration began in mid-March and reached capacity in less than two weeks.
More than 4,800 Georgia Tech students, including 1,500 undergraduate students, originate from outside the United States."

The bolded indicates that the football team's success is noticed far and wide. I wonder how many Australians enrolled at Tech this year? Is Kallon written about in the British press the way that Gotsis is down under?
Football message boards need more experts.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
The info is here.

Maybe someone has already posted some and I missed it, but it would be great to read some articles about Gotsis that were written by Australian press.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Maybe someone has already posted some and I missed it, but it would be great to read some articles about Gotsis that were written by Australian press.
Well, being Aussie and all, they just haven't gotten around to it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This event has become such a "feel good moment" to me. I like everything it does to promote understanding and community relationships.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
The only suggestion I would have is that if the sign-up was filled so fast then they should try and do this a few times a year to get even more international students involved. Heck, you may find a great walk-on punter that way.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'd be careful letting it get much bigger than it is currently. Coaches and players already have pretty full plates. If it gets huge it could also become less...personal...immersed...for those attending. Probly didn't word that right but brain only firing on half cylinders today.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The only suggestion I would have is that if the sign-up was filled so fast then they should try and do this a few times a year to get even more international students involved. Heck, you may find a great walk-on punter that way.
Or just enlarge the signup. I once had a seminar course in grad school, not at GT though, that had 180 people in it.

Article about it:
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/4/25/foreign-students-play-football.html

here is a gem from CPJ:
Johnson started to explain penalties. ... “Holding is holding,” he said. “Unsportsmanlike conduct is being a jerk.”

It is what it is...
According to this article, "The football clinic had some grittiness to it. Ammara Ahmad, a student from Pakistan, slipped and fell on the artificial surface, made slick by the recent rain." Did the person writing the article not even go on the field? There is nothing artificial about the surface at all.