Georgia Tech vs. Virginia Saturday, February 12, 2022, 4 PM, Charlottesville

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Going to need some luck and smart play to have the boys hit the gas station.

Game will be televised live on ESPN2, with a live stream also through the ESPN app. Radio coverage will be on the Georgia Tech Sports Network and flagship station WCNN (680/93.7 the Fan), and on satellite radio (XM channel 390, SiriusXM app 980).

At least turn on the TV to ESPN2 to imply you are watching GT even if you decide to tweeze your hairs instead of watching.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Unlike some of the teams we have played, UVA doesn’t lend itself to us playing a small lineup. They play big and play in a phone booth around the basket. We will need to play bigs tomorrow probably including Saba.

Against the pack line you have to reverse the ball and hit 3s on the back side. We should be able to get those shots

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Hoping to see the youth continue to develop in today's game. Learn to win at home, then learn to export the effort. Road wins are a tough get, but an important growth aspect for a team. This group is 8-7 at home, 2-4 on the road, (0-2) at neutral.
We will need to play bigs tomorrow probably including Saba.
I agree, we'll need to see solid post defense. It seems with this group, shooting dictates the outcome. Hopefully the looks fall today and the team goes snacking.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
“We had 10 turnovers tonight. Each one gets worse as you go. It is like prior arrests: the 10th one may not have been that bad, but when you have had nine prior ones, it looks pretty bad.”
— Don Meyer

Your first half brought to you by Dan Meyer's nuggets of coaching wisdom. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Josh likes to say (4 times I think after the Miami) game that they are getting better. Going to have to get much better than what that first half was.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
This is one of those games where I look at the talent coming back next year and I question how in the world Pastner gets this turned around.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
This is one of those games where I look at the talent coming back next year and I question how in the world Pastner gets this turned around.

Faith and a quality big man or two from the portal. I feel like the guard youth will mature fine. As SecretAgentBuzz has noted recently, PG production has been good bordering on really good in our last few. It's the post where this team would really benefit from upgraded output.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Turnovers, rebounding, free throw difference, and block shots were our downfalls today. 😫

Screenshot_20220212-180223.jpg

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Two biggest variables, VA with 14+ FT makes and Gardner with his second highest points game this year. We outshot them from the field, couldn't overcome the free points at the line. Headed to Pitt on Saturday.

daddee724

Georgia Tech Fan
He looked better other than all of the dribbling at the top of the key.

And I’m not a fan of the ISO-Devoe offense.
I'm sure that's why Deebo only got 1 attempt tonight from the 3 tonight, it's a pattern that whenever he has a good game you can bet he'll only have 1-2 attempts the next game. Our iso guys will make sure of that. K. Moore gets 1 attempt, again our funky Offense aids in putting us in the lost column.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
It was nice to see Howard throw down a couple big dunks. We have to play better defense without fouling. We don’t rotate quickly enough on defense, which leads to poor close outs, which leads to a blow by. Gardner was wide open on that baseline repeatedly as a result. It’s either that or we foul the guy with the ball. Our offense isn’t where it needs to be so we have to be great on defense. Would like to go to the Pitt game on Saturday, but I’m hoping my son is playing for a Christian school state championship that day!!!