• UVA by 7-13

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • UVA by 14+

Votes: 63 62.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Offense continues to struggle, so no compelling reason to expect a breakout game when away and against a strong opponent.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
We never win there anyway, so I sure as hell don’t see it happening this year. The defense is improved, though. Not great, or even good, but improved. Assuming we don’t turn it over three times inside our own 30, we should be able to hold them to fewer than 30 points.

Call it 27-10, Wahoos.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If the line gets back to 17+ I’ll play GT. I like the under at 47. I see a 31-14 type game.
We haven’t done well ATS but I’ve made up for it on the Under with us. We can’t score and the D is doing just enough to keep it within reach.

Deleted member 2897

The Virginia series has actually been pretty competitive. We've won 7 of the last 10 against Virginia. The 5 road games during that time we've gone 2-3. We've won all 5 games at home (I didn't look past 10 years). The 3 losses were all at Virginia, where they won by 4 points, 6 points, and 3 points. 5 of our 7 wins were by 2 touchdowns or more. So its basically we blow them out at home, or they barely squeak a win at their place.

2018: TaQuon was 1/8 and our offense had 1 touchdown.
2017: Our special teams was so ridiculous that Virginia had 5 scoring drives LESS than 30 yards long. Sad.
2016: Virginia was driving late in the 4th to tie the game and we got a pick 6.

But this year we don't have an offense that puts up points. We're averaging 11 points a game in regulation against FBS teams. We're 1-7 against the spread. So since the spread is 16.5, I'm going to say Virginia 34, Georgia Tech 17.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If we do better than spread it's great, but I doubt it.
Sadly = Uva - good qb, ol, dl, and coach.

We have lived off turn overs and other teams now know our tendencies.

We make a few turnovers and they dont and this could get Clemson ugly.

Our qbs/ we have to exploit the uva injury situation at safety.

Pnut will get roasted

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Our Defense keeps getting better and outplaying the competition in the second half every game so they will come out hot and get a turnovers against UVA.

And I think we see Yates as QB and he lights it up giving us the momentum we need, so between Yates and our Defense....

GT 24 - 21 UVA

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Our Defense keeps getting better and outplaying the competition in the second half every game so they will come out hot and get a turnovers against UVA.

And I think we see Yates as QB and he lights it up giving us the momentum we need, so between Yates and our Defense....

GT 24 - 21 UVA
I like your optimism, but there is no way that Yates comes into C'ville and somehow miraculously leads us to a Road ACC win. .00001 % chance of that ever happening. IDK why ppl feel like Yates is our savior.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Not a good match-up for us this week, I do hope Graham bounces back after a sub-par game last week ... 21-7 at the half, GT scores a late TD, final UVA 35-14.
I'll be interested to see what Patenaude's game plan will be, assuming Mendenhall repeats what Pitt did to limit our rushing game ...

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I like your optimism, but there is no way that Yates comes into C'ville and somehow miraculously leads us to a Road ACC win. .00001 % chance of that ever happening. IDK why ppl feel like Yates is our savior.
It's not that I think Yates is our savior so much as I think he will be new so Virginia won't know what to expect, and he will just have a good game and go all out since he's getting his shot. That mixed with how good our Defense has been I think we can pull out the win.

If we could Miami in Miami we can beat Virginia.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
It's not that I think Yates is our savior so much as I think he will be new so Virginia won't know what to expect, and he will just have a good game and go all out since he's getting his shot. That mixed with how good our Defense has been I think we can pull out the win.

If we could Miami in Miami we can beat Virginia.
Wish I could agree with you. We arent winning this game. We will lose by 3 Tds

This will be a mess. the D comes out cold and we are down 14-0 in the first quarter. We go to the half down 21-0. After numerous 3 and outs by us UVA puts up 10 more points 31-0. They get a late touchdown on late garbage, Final UVA 38 Tech 0. If we play the same offense as last week we will not score.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
This will be a mess. the D comes out cold and we are down 14-0 in the first quarter. We go to the half down 21-0. After numerous 3 and outs by us UVA puts up 10 more points 31-0. They get a late touchdown on late garbage, Final UVA 38 Tech 0. If we play the same offense as last week we will not score.
exactly what I think as well. I dont wanna see that trash again

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
Not a good match-up for us this week.

One good note: they are a pass first/ run 2nd team and our best unit on the team outside of punter is our defensive backfield/pass defense. However, they also run the ball at a fairly decent clip which isn't good for our defense. Also, their defense, although a slight pass rush worse than Pittsburgh, is just as sound.

If turnovers are equal, it will be a long day in Hooville. 37-10

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
GT 20 Uva 17. I always hate playing up there but....underdogs again this week! ;):)

This is the kind of game it will need to be if we are to have a chance, so I will join this prediction. I am not as down on us as some are after last week's performance. That was a heck of a defense and we hung in there without an offense to speak of.