• USF by 7-13

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • USF by 14+

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Like was said by someone earlier this week, I think this game will tell us a lot and maybe even set the tone for the rest of the season.
I'm looking for a lights-out defensive performance, with blitz packages designed for max QB pressure and overall improved offensive play from both TM and the OL.
GT 31-13, we score a mid-4th quarter TD to seal the deal.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
USF 28 GT 19

I am still not convinced about our offense in any way, shape or form. I think our young D will have some trouble with their passing game. Plus we lost every single road game last season.

But mostly I am a pessimist about our offense based on last year's 2nd half of the season and turnovers.

Hope I am soo completely wrong!

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
GT 45
USF 13

I think pass protection for them will be a problem......and we get the offense rolling....I think DEF... throws in another TD...

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
38-35 Tech

We will allow more points than desired with an inexperienced secondary against solid WRs and QB.

But the O is too much and we play keep away with a long, late deathmarch for a score in the 4th.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I still think a lot of people have an unrealistic view of the current state of our program. Have you seen some of the predictions ? Maybe not you. I am waiting to see someone on our D who can become a playmaker . No sacks against ASU, bothers me a lot. Hurries and TFLs were good, however. I am not concerned about Clemson. I just want proof that we can beat a middling team on the road, first.
A fair analysis. I thought last week's defense, all things considered, was good. Consider that every upper classman on that team has been taught to be passive and let the offense come to them. I didn't see many sacks but I saw a lot of flying around and hunting the ball. They will get better and smarter with each game and I can be patient for that. Meanwhile, they will give this team all they can handle. The bottom line so to speak is that for the first time in years I don't cringe and look for an excuse to leave the room when our defense is on the field, and I'm going to try for that attitude even when the inevitable horrible game occurs.

Jeffgt00

Georgia Tech Fan
Play well in the first half and establish the run and play fairly good defense. Go into halftime with a 17-7 lead. Then it starts to rain and for some reason we abandon the pitch which causes our offense to stall in the 3rd and 4th quarter. By miracle, we kick a field goal late and win 23-21.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I still think a lot of people have an unrealistic view of the current state of our program. Have you seen some of the predictions ? Maybe not you. I am waiting to see someone on our D who can become a playmaker . No sacks against ASU, bothers me a lot. Hurries and TFLs were good, however. I am not concerned about Clemson. I just want proof that we can beat a middling team on the road, first.
They took almost no deep shots.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
USF 31
GT 27

I have very little faith in our kickers (the punter is probably the best in the country) and saw nothing last weekend to lead me to believe we can have anything resembling an effective passing game. Granted we were probably holding some stuff back however the same ol' issues of inaccuracy (whether we had time to throw or not) as well as way too much pressure allowed in my opinion due to scheme. The scheme isn't changing in year 11 so it is what it is. I do like the potential of our young back 8 on defense. A lot of long and athletic kids in the secondary with speed but there's bound to be some growing pains.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
42-31.

USF moves the ball well, but doesn't have an answer for the option. Late TD by us makes the game look less close than it was.

Jalen Camp gets a long (60+ yards) TD reception. Benson and Mason over 100 yards rushing.

Oliver gets his 2nd interception on the year. Cerge-Henderson gets a nice sack at home.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
USF 28 GT 19

I am still not convinced about our offense in any way, shape or form. I think our young D will have some trouble with their passing game. Plus we lost every single road game last season.

But mostly I am a pessimist about our offense based on last year's 2nd half of the season and turnovers.

Hope I am soo completely wrong!

GT 19? What's that...two TD's two FG's and the now obligatory missed XP?

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
34-21 Good Guys

Edited to add that I believe this game is very similar to the UT game last year with regards to how our season could go. Win this one and I like the prospects of us having a good season (8+ wins), lose it and we are battling for bowl eligibility come mid November.
I get the similar feeling leading up to the game. But USF seems better than UT last year, though you never know this early.

UT only beat us, UMass, Indiana State and Southern Miss.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I am thinking our defense shows up big this week. We kept things vanilla based on score and opponent last week but still have some correctable elements.

I also think TQM settles into passing motion this week and has two throwing tds.

Calling 38-10 but thought about 45-13.

Good guys win, the board is split along the normal lines (we should have had more than 150yds throwing even though we win).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys...

• They are breaking in a new QB to replace the best QB in school history..
  • Their top two running backs from last year are gone.... The leading returning rusher has 111 career yards.
  • Leading receiver is gone...
  • 1st team all conference lineman is gone....
  • Leading defensive lineman are gone... both NFL draft picks.
  • Leading tackler is gone....
  • They haven't played an option team since 2015, which means most of these guys have never played against one. They gave up 428 rushing yards at 6.2ypc in that game against Navy. They also lost.