Article Georgia Tech vs Northwestern

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
i was thinking the same thing and thought the game was officiated by big refs? making the homer issue
a non issue?

No, the game was officiated by ACC refs. I thought they did a pretty good job, and I am normally brutal in my criticisms of the officials.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Defense and rebounding would suffer greatly if we go small for extended periods of time. It'd be our best line up for offense but our calling card for success has been on the other end of the court.

That defensive dynamic is going to be tough. We will likely play zone and only do it against certain teams. But we may have to if we can't find a way to get AD's defender out of the paint. Even with Okogie back this team is going to find it hard to get points like that.

On the other side we may try a few things with AD besides just putting him in the corner at the 3 point line like we did yesterday. Either play him closer to the basket where someone has to guard him - either on the block or within 10 feet. Or when the ball is on the other side and his defender sells out to help have him be aggressive in cutting from the corner looking for back side lobs. This is where CJP earns his money to make the adjustment to counter the defensive approach all our future opponents have seen on film the last several games.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was clearly a kicked ball. Nobody else seemed to think it was so I thought I was seeing things
Honestly, I don't know the rule. The play *right* in front of me and live it looked very much like Tadic tried to slide it past the defender who reached out with his leg and got the ball with his shin or maybe his knee. But NOT his foot. So...is it a kicked ball?

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was clearly a kicked ball. Nobody else seemed to think it was so I thought I was seeing things

ezgif-1-3058763771.gif

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I don't know the rule. The play *right* in front of me and live it looked very much like Tadic tried to slide it past the defender who reached out with his leg and got the ball with his shin or maybe his knee. But NOT his foot. So...is it a kicked ball?
Anything below knee counts in high school ik

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's the explanation from the official NCAA rulebook

Pg. 81
Art. 2. Kicking the ball is striking it intentionally with any part of the leg or the foot. Accidentally striking the ball with the foot or leg shall not be a violation.

Based on that I would say what Law did was kicking the ball. GT should have been awarded the ball with 15 seconds on the shot clock (rule states if there is less than 15 seconds on the shot clock at violation it is reset to 15 seconds).

FWIW, the reaction of the fans behind the bench is funny to watch. They clearly think it should be a kick ball.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Here's the explanation from the official NCAA rulebook

Pg. 81
Art. 2. Kicking the ball is striking it intentionally with any part of the leg or the foot. Accidentally striking the ball with the foot or leg shall not be a violation.

Based on that I would say what Law did was kicking the ball. GT should have been awarded the ball with 15 seconds on the shot clock (rule states if there is less than 15 seconds on the shot clock at violation it is reset to 15 seconds).

FWIW, the reaction of the fans behind the bench is funny to watch. They clearly think it should be a kick ball.

Looks pretty blatant on the replay. How could he be bringing his foot to the ball for any other purpose?

Think about this. We beat a good team with our best player sidelined. Our 1b having a terrible game. Our 3rd best player having a rough night until the .03 second mark. We still found a way to win. Improvement in play is tremendous in just 1.5 yrs.