• 'Ville by 7-13

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • 'Ville by 14+

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
'Ville, 44-35. They score late to put it away. We make too many errors to hold on and win. (Tell me if you have heard this one before....)

Losers 38- Tech 24

Louisville 48 GT 28. Our defense is horrible.

0dc0adc947663e9bf31365edde44424c.gif

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Previously I have come into the prediction threads and declared a winner based on the minimum difference between the predicted score and the actual.

For this game, it appears that nobody came within 25 points of the actual score, so my Winner declaration is a tie for the following predictions:

ULs OL is garbage. I think our D gets enough pressure to force a few turnovers and a couple of sacks, but loses contain a few times for big UL gains. I don't think their D stops us at all. If we can limit our own turnovers, we should win this one going away.
I feel like we always beat teams that have never played us before. Offense has a field day. Tobias scores 2TD and we win by 17.

Go Jackets!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’m very happy to eat a lot of raw crow this morning.

I’m still not too happy with our defense, though. But I realize that we just don’t have the horses to have a stout defense, so I very much need to get used to it.

Yet. We don’t have the coached up yet. We are ripping balls at the LOS, tackling in the back field again finally, stopping balls on 3rd/4th and short. We finally have a scheme that makes coherent sense and have problems to be fixed (that aren’t insurmountable). One thing I noticed, especially late in 3rd and all 4th q a lot of guys were going for strips instead of clean tackle. It looked like backups wanted time in the sun and to contribute with a TO. We will fix that in film sessions.

We got a little momentum going now. On to Duke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
+1

I could cherry pick some reasons to hope, or justify why we're not as bad as we've looked. But occam's razor says we probably are what we appear to be. Would love to be proven wrong.

Was proven wrong, and loved it. Looks like the worst of self-inflicted stuff is getting better, kicking, kick coverage, fumbles, players thinking they're running different plays... If we don't beat ourselves any more there's at least 4 more wins out there for this team. (1-2 for the team that played Pitt, it's up to Tech.)

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I was wrong and loved it. It was my dads birthday and I got to watch with him. Very enjoyable game. I still think Oliver runs the option better and is a more stout runner, but Marshall played great. I love this defense. TFL, interceptions, blitzes. They’re going to give up points but they also make big plays, which is what we need for this offense. If we keep improving we can get to 7 wins. Gotta beat Duke.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I was wrong and loved it. It was my dads birthday and I got to watch with him. Very enjoyable game. I still think Oliver runs the option better and is a more stout runner, but Marshall played great. I love this defense. TFL, interceptions, blitzes. They’re going to give up points but they also make big plays, which is what we need for this offense. If we keep improving we can get to 7 wins. Gotta beat Duke.
I hope GT can be 6-3 going into the Miami game;):cool: