Article Georgia Tech vs Grambling State

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We were down by 11 when we went small. Regardless it's pathetic strategy even matter in this game.

What? We were down 2 at the half, started with a line up of Jose, Jax, Alston, Haywood, and Lammers. It was an 8 point game before a second big even got in the second half.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If it helps with expectations... imo... We haven't played like a tournament team yet. We have played poor competition and squeaked by maybe a bubble team in the B1G/ACC challenge at home. Maybe we will be much improved when JO returns, but we would have to make extreme strides to make the NCAA tournament. We barely made the NIT last year and were a better team by the end than what we've shown so far this year. A long way to go to even start having that conversation.
I'm ok with not making the tournament but I like to at least have dreams still going on in December.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'm ok with not making the tournament but I like to at least have dreams still going on in December.
Still a glimmer of a reason to dream. Just keep reminding yourself that we don't have JO yet. That's been my therapy in response to what we've shown so far.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
If it helps with expectations... imo... We haven't played like a tournament team yet. We have played poor competition and squeaked by maybe a bubble team in the B1G/ACC challenge at home. Maybe we will be much improved when JO returns, but we would have to make extreme strides to make the NCAA tournament. We barely made the NIT last year and were a better team by the end than what we've shown so far. A long way to go to even start having that conversation.
Still a glimmer of a reason to dream. Just keep reminding yourself that we don't have JO yet. That's been my therapy in response to what we've shown so far.

Problem is if Josh isn't back until early January, it's likely they lose another 3-4 OOC games

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Beat northwestern...check out vs grambling. I bet NW is thinking how the hell did we lose that trash team

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We weren't likely a NCAAT anyways. We are relying on a true fresh pg, and other freshmen to play heavy roles as well. We still have little depth.

The loss is a complete stinker but maybe it is what is needed to act as a catalyst for growth. We desperately need to re-evaluate how we go against teams who pack it in. Going small isn't he answer, nor is having our pfs drift around the perimeter.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Problem is if Josh isn't back until early January, it's likely they lose another 3-4 OOC games
Why you going there, Ron?? Let me keep ignoring that to help @jeffgt14 and me cope.

In all seriousness, I think we'll beat some good teams and raise our floor significantly with JO back. I still don't think it makes us a tournament team this year.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I really don't know how to be excited for this year anymore. Was expecting to possibly be a borderline tournament team (or at least not out of the tournament until sometime in February). Now we're essentially eliminated a month before conference play.
Lol. I’m all doom and gloom and all, but maybe we should calm down. It’s still just one game. Hurts like hell, but still one game

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Well during the CBG years I just constantly remained hopeful we would somehow win the ACCT to sneak in. Last year was the first year in a long time February began and I thought we actually had a legit shot at the tournament. It was a great feeling and I was excited about basketball again. Then we lost a bunch there and eliminated that hope but it felt great just having that hope in February.

I'm back into CBG random ACCT Championship hope for this year.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We weren't likely a NCAAT anyways. We are relying on a true fresh pg, and other freshmen to play heavy roles as well. We still have little depth.

The loss is a complete stinker but maybe it is what is needed to act as a catalyst for growth. We desperately need to re-evaluate how we go against teams who pack it in. Going small isn't he answer, nor is having our pfs drift around the perimeter.
Agreed. Disappointing that we didn't have any real commitment to getting in the middle of the zone offensively. A lot of standing around and then the few times we did, guys would catch and not decisively do something, outside of a couple moves by Jax. I'm not convinced it should have mattered much what lineup we put out there tonight, though there are merits to what you're saying re: size.

And my last attempt at the dead horse (maybe)... pressing is a great way to open up a game and take advantage of athleticism. Really surprised and disappointed it wasn't in our bag of tricks starting late in the first half, let alone second half.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Disappointing that we didn't have any real commitment to getting in the middle of the zone offensively. A lot of standing around and then the few times we did, guys would catch and not decisively do something, outside of a couple moves by Jax. I'm not convinced it should have mattered much what lineup we put out there tonight, though there are merits to what you're saying re: size.

And my last attempt at the dead horse (maybe)... pressing is a great way to open up a game and take advantage of athleticism. Really surprised and disappointed it wasn't in our bag of tricks starting late in the first half, let alone second half.
The unwillingness to try and push the pace was maddening. We seemed content dying a slow death in our half court O.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
We beat the worst rpi team in the country by 1 point last year. Negativity is a self-fulfilling prophecy and is the worst part of our fan base. It sucks but we watched a cornerstone of our program singlehandedly bring us back into a game against a team that couldn’t miss. Onto the next with a very bright future.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
ESPN giving us coverage on SportsCenter of this nature is more than just one loss. Their RPI does have RIP impact on our resume, and I’m sure not a feather in cap for recruiting. What was that, 7th game of Grambling’s road swing? Wow. Statistically, 1 loss, emotionally has me wondering about this year. I’ll find my Pastner optimism, and hope best basketball is ahead of us, but that is really unacceptable. REALLY like Alvarado; he’s the type of player that can catapult a program’s culture.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
We beat the worst rpi team in the country by 1 point last year. Negativity is a self-fulfilling prophecy and is the worst part of our fan base. It sucks but we watched a cornerstone of our program singlehandedly bring us back into a game against a team that couldn’t miss. Onto the next with a very bright future.

Good post