Georgia Tech Spring Game Thread

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
A couple of IMO statements:

I can live with the OL of Griffin, Braun, Burden, Mason and Chamberlain. And if someone beats out one of those in August. so much the better.

If Jordan is going to beat out Griffin at QB, he better get at it pronto.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Wow- I watched the game to see mainly- JT,Custis,Kallon,Freeman and Devine-I think only Freeman,Devine played

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Marcordes, Milton, Freeman, and Golden played well from what I could see. Smelter looked a lot bigger to me than he did last year. The usual suspects (Gostis, IJ, Days) played well.

I thought the D cheating the B gaps was good for our O line to see. I thought Devine moved really well for a big man, as he slims down he is gonna be really good. Really disappointed with the O line blocking as a whole. TB did not have time to get the ball to the edge, seemed like someone was always out of position on the O line.

QuickKick

Georgia Tech Fan
Interesting. Byerly's play was very encouraging. Ty Griffin played tough. Jordan with as little time as he had showed he's going to be special. Swilling looked serviceable. Justin didn't even play. Takeaway for me is we're looking alright at QB.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Marcordes, Milton, Freeman, and Golden played well from what I could see. Smelter looked a lot bigger to me than he did last year. The usual suspects (Gostis, IJ, Days) played well.

I thought the D cheating the B gaps was good for our O line to see. I thought Devine moved really well for a big man, as he slims down he is gonna be really good. Really disappointed with the O line blocking as a whole. TB did not have time to get the ball to the edge, seemed like someone was always out of position on the O line.

I'm not sure how you said Gotsis played well tonight. He actually got handled very well by the OL. Not sure he even made a tackle.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure how you said Gotsis played well tonight. He actually got handled very well by the OL. Not sure he even made a tackle.
From what I saw he kept the Guard from slipping him and get to the LB/DB. I don't think it was his job to attack the line, like he would in a more pass oriented offense. Let me see if I can watch it on ESPN3 though, it is hard to tell from the stands, in real time, and in the rain.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041814aae.html

Sloppy game.
Not sure if you could really see a whole lot.
The OLine still has trouble with stopping the b gap blitzes. The defense was very disruptive.
PJ Davis beasted. Nealy Beasted. Marvin Beasted. Freeman Beasted.
Defense looked good but I don't know if that is because the offense looked so bad at time.

TB moved the ball and had some nice throws but still overall it was a -B performance at best.
Griffin looked like the most talented runner but his throws were off, only completed 1 pass.

Devine looked good to me, I watched him maul a few guys, he is just enormous.
Laskey looked solid
But offensively as a whole it was pretty lackluster.

Declinometer

Banned
Is it that hard to set up a snap count that won't allow the LBs to jump the count? I feel for our linemen!
I also like the way Isaih Wilson (29) runs the ball.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
I didn't see all the game, but I liked:

* Devine. He's going to be good. He needs to keep his eyes open on the second level and increase his fitness, but any concerns about his open-field agility or speed should be put to rest now.

* Laskey. All reports have Custis being "the real deal"; pair that with what we saw from Laskey and I think we are pretty good at BB.

* Byerly. Nesbitt-style runner. If JT goes down, we are in good hands.

* Ty Griffin. Much better runner than I expected. Little sloppy with his footwork but that will come.

* Jimmie Kitchen. Looked quick. Should provide us with depth at DT.

* Nealy

* Marcordes

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Is it that hard to set up a snap count that won't allow the LBs to jump the count? I feel for our linemen!
I also like the way Isaih Wilson (29) runs the ball.
The no huddle AB motion will limit that. I think the D timing the count was intentional in this case.

bcaff

Jolly Good Fellow
The only really discouraging thing was all the fumbles and bad snaps. I know it was rainy, but it was still out of control.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am glad Coach made mention of it. When you are not rotating a lot of balls in and out, the one that is in play can get pretty soggy and slippery. Those were not normal game conditions as far as the ball is concerned.