Georgia Tech ranked 25th all time ..

stech81

Helluva Engineer
1952 was such a ripoff. Michigan State went 9-0, but they beat not one single ranked team. Tech went 12-0, beating three ranked teams, two of them in the top 10. Biased northern sportswriters?

1990, too.
And that is the reason I don't read northern papers, plus the fact I live here

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, UGA has won many more games over us ever since Joel Eaves and Vince Dooley arrived in Athens and turned around their football program back in the mid-1960s ... about 53 years ago.

Man, how time flies!

Deleted member 2897

Still don't understand how uga is ahead of us with less championships...... 4 to 1.

It’s not based on national championships. Minnesota has 11 National Championships and didn’t make this list. I think it’s more of a ranking probably of the number of seasons a team won 75%+ of their games.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s not based on national championships. Minnesota has 11 National Championships and didn’t make this list. I think it’s more of a ranking probably of the number of seasons a team won 75%+ of their games.
Using every final AP Top 25 Poll since 1935, College Football News has developed a formula to accurately rank the nation's top programs.

From CFN: "Taking all the AP final rankings, CFN devised a scoring system giving every AP national champion 25 points, the No. 2 team 24, No. 3 23, and so on down to the bottom – currently No. 25, but there was a top ten for a bit and later a top 20. Rankings from 1935 through to Clemson’s national championship after the 2018 season."

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Still don't understand how uga is ahead of us with less championships...... 4 to 1.

Here's their methodology:

"Taking all the AP final rankings, CFN devised a scoring system giving every AP national champion 25 points, the No. 2 team 24, No. 3 23, and so on down to the bottom – currently No. 25, but there was a top ten for a bit and later a top 20. Rankings from 1935 through to Clemson’s national championship after the 2018 season."

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Using every final AP Top 25 Poll since 1935, College Football News has developed a formula to accurately rank the nation's top programs.

From CFN: "Taking all the AP final rankings, CFN devised a scoring system giving every AP national champion 25 points, the No. 2 team 24, No. 3 23, and so on down to the bottom – currently No. 25, but there was a top ten for a bit and later a top 20. Rankings from 1935 through to Clemson’s national championship after the 2018 season."

It looks like you beat me by 1 minute! :ROFLMAO: