Georgia Tech player to transfer

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
ancient-aliens.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Guys, this many non-senior losses to a team in one year is not normal.

There is something deeply wrong at the foundational level. I think most of you know this but you just don't want to face reality.

I agree that this many senior losses is not normal. That I believe is a fact.

What we don't know is the reason. As we have talked about there has been a combination of academics, dismissals and choice to play elsewhere. So to the extent that we have lost so many players could be that we recruited the wrong types of players - that would be a foundation type of thing. For the players who want to play elsewhere, they may be seeing they can't won't start this year and the window is closing for them as this year's class gets experience and next year's recruiting class comes in.

To me, this is a short term (1-2 year) problem and a longer term (3-5 year) benefit. If we keep recruiting better, we will be able to trade up for the players who left on their own. Some like Custis just hurt because he worked his butt off and would have been great. But that's not a foundation problem, that was trying a high risk, high reward recruit.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

There is something deeply wrong at the foundational level. I think most of you know this but you just don't want to face reality.

Are you suggesting it's one of our new position coaches? Cook lost 4. Pelton lost 5. I just don't see it. I think it'll ultimately turn out good.

Would that reality be something like: (a) Georgia Tech is a really difficult school; (b) playing big time athletics AND taking a full academic load is challenging for some even at the football factories; (c) being a teenager and a star athlete does not adequately prepare some kids with little or no support system for the rules and regulations they encounter--many for the first time in their lives? One could look at this offseason as purifucation of the herd.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I agree that this many senior losses is not normal. That I believe is a fact.

What we don't know is the reason. As we have talked about there has been a combination of academics, dismissals and choice to play elsewhere. So to the extent that we have lost so many players could be that we recruited the wrong types of players - that would be a foundation type of thing. For the players who want to play elsewhere, they may be seeing they can't won't start this year and the window is closing for them as this year's class gets experience and next year's recruiting class comes in.

To me, this is a short term (1-2 year) problem and a longer term (3-5 year) benefit. If we keep recruiting better, we will be able to trade up for the players who left on their own. Some like Custis just hurt because he worked his butt off and would have been great. But that's not a foundation problem, that was trying a high risk, high reward recruit.

Totally agree. The issue is that in 2009 we lost Jeff Monken to GSU and hired Al Groh. A Double whammy..With these losses/transfers take a hard look and you will see they are by guys who were recruited by staff no longer on the team.
The 2014 class is rock solid the 2015 class looks solid as well...I think the new foundation being laid will be better then what we had!

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
It sure has felt like a ton but I guess you're right.

Voluntary
Vad- transfer
Wilson
Griffin
Akins ???
Williams?????

Involuntary
Custis
Autry X 2
JHD
Comisiong
Henry

Is this about right. I think I'm missing a couple/few. Little help maybe?

Which Griffin is among the voluntary? Who am I forgetting already? Stewie? Meg?

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I was referring to the myth that we don't have girls at GT. Never mind, poor joke execution on my part.

You may be in trouble, I got it.:nailbiting:

Speaking of rats jumping ship..look at what happen at Texas. They had some things going on with their football program with the lost of 12 players (suspension, dismissals and/or transfers). Here again, it happens to other schools not just us. But I'm sure some will still find a way to call for our coach's head:rolleyes: Geez almighty