Georgia Tech player to transfer

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Rats leaving a sinking ship. Just one more piece of evidence.
Evidence of what?

I actually applaud DW's approach - he went straight to the top, asked the tough question, got the answer and made his decision. Some might look at it differently but what I see is a young man who knows what he wants out of life and isn't afraid to make a change to get him closer to it.

I much prefer DW's straight-up approach over those that are not happy but rather than confront the problem, they sow discontent in the locker room and vent negativity any chance they get.

Here's to a successful future for DW.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
One more thing: about all the attrition from the class of 2013 (soon to be aka the class that never was), I have a question (not looking for an answer as much as something to think about):

How many of the players from the class of 2013 who will not be on the roster this fall would have made the cut for the 2015 recruiting class as it currently stands?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Next year looks very very low on bodies for all RBs.

Has Lynch made it in school or is he hurt someway. I know there is something up here, I just don't know what.

Returning AB that have seen the field... Andrews, Snoddy, Leggett.

Which of the following may make 2 deep from the roster: Willis, Tyler, Braswell, McClellan, ?

Also, Justin Bryan was mentioned one time at BB. Is her practicing at BB now too? I know LB was mentioned previously.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
At some point we should get the facts about how many scholarship players leave the program; I'll come up with the list of names and we can fill in the dismissals, academics, voluntary, medical etc. Just takes a few hours and a few beers.

There is no indication of a sinking ship. In fact the strength and vitality of the recruiting class shows just the opposite - the ship is getting stronger. These recruits come and spend time with the players and team. They know better than anyone what the team chemistry really is. And they are committing to come to GT.

Agree this years freshman are good and 15 are as good or better. Wonder if your data can show how we get to 5 less than impressive fifth year seniors at AB ( thank goodness for walk on Robert G) That is a lot of concentration in one position and IMO is very bad. Look forward to list - I think young players are leaving other schools as well.
On the list you might include some of the transfers in - thanks

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Wilson never dropped...he came in and really never did anything to climb up the chart...it wasn't due to work ethic. He's a good kid and a hard worker.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I agree with the post above citing multiple factors. I think everybody who plays football at Tech has to weigh their chances of seeing the field with the difficulty of the academics and personal factors to decide whether to stay or not. If my home was a good distance away, there were few people from my area on the team, I found the course work a bear (and who doesn't at Tech), and it looked like I wasn't going to get many opportunities to play, I'd consider leaving too. What I like about this story is that the young man went straight to the top for an answer and got an honest one. That reflects well on Wilson's maturity and on Coach's rep as a straight shooter.

Good luck where ever you end up, Donovan!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I agree with the post above citing multiple factors. I think everybody who plays football at Tech has to weigh their chances of seeing the field with the difficulty of the academics and personal factors to decide whether to stay or not. If my home was a good distance away, there were few people from my area on the team, I found the course work a bear (and who doesn't at Tech), and it looked like I wasn't going to get many opportunities to play, I'd consider leaving too. What I like about this story is that the young man went straight to the top for an answer and got an honest one. That reflects well on Wilson's maturity and on Coach's rep as a straight shooter.

Good luck where ever you end up, Donovan!
Hear hear!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Well he was a redshirt freshman.......that sort of makes his still a rat. :sneaky:
"Rats on the field...........Rats on the field...........Rats on the field...........Rats on the field...........Rats on the field..........."

You young dudes have no idea what this is, do ya? What's the rat track?

From what I gather he will not be in classes when they start on Monday...What his plans are after that I do not know.
If a guy is NOT a student, and I mean we all know that being a student at Georgia Tech means you had to have been a student all through high school, the class work would have to be intimidating. If on top of that the guy is not having a good football experience, then it's a pretty easy decision.

GTFLETCH

Banned
2015 BB looks to be (no order) CJ Leggett, Ryan Braswell, Mikell Lands-Davis unless we sign or walk on somee else.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
He is stiffer than Wilson. Bad move IMO. We havent even played a snap in 2014 and we're talking about 2015? SMH
If he's that bad of an athlete, he's not gonna be getting PT at LB either. Better that he at least use his time to be somewhere where we have a greater need. He may never be a very good BB, but at least he would know the plays if we get desperate (which we are close). Gotta plan for the future every day. I'd rather he spend this fall with the BB's.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
If he's that bad of an athlete, he's not gonna be getting PT at LB either. Better that he at least use his time to be somewhere where we have a greater need. He may never be a very good BB, but at least he would know the plays if we get desperate (which we are close). Gotta plan for the future every day. I'd rather he spend this fall with the BB's.

Tha's probably a good assumption. I personally think he ever starts a game at GT as a position player. At best I think he will be a special teamer, which isn't a bad thing. We need good players there too. The learning portion of the upcoming season was in April and ends Saturday with the conclusion of fall camp. Barring injuries the players that are going to play are known. I think for him it's best to stay at LB. JMO.