Georgia Tech player to transfer

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
That is crazy, we are loaded with SR's at AB. Just wait a year and you will one of the few guy with experience. I thought he played well in the spring game. Why wait until now to leave? I think it is going to be too late to really help anybody out at the Juco or I-AA level this year. Does this mean that one of the incoming true Fr at another position is being moved to AB and he saw what kind of talent he was going up against.

In all honesty..he didn't play or look good. Tha's why he's leaving. Foot work was not good and he was stiff and not very fast/quick. It's much harder than it looks folks. I wish him luck.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Ugh...always thought he could turn into another Anthony Allen type BB for us. Not flashy, but a big guy that could eat up chunks of yardage. Really wish he would have been patient with his development. With his size and ability, he would have found the field in the future either at AB or BB. Just because we sign certain guys doesn't mean things work out the way we plan (see Perkins, Custis). Patience is a virtue, but the young guys are always in a hurry (I was guilty myself). Good luck to him though...never heard anything negative about Wilson.

What ability have you seen?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Eric, how many can we get to enroll early? We need to sign a big(in number) class just to cover our current losses.. Class balancing be damned, we consistently have enough attrition to forget trying that. How many can we take now?
As to Donovan, you can't miss what you never had. I wish him luck.
Almost two weeks until toe meets leather, gentlemen. May our whiskey overfloweth.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@GTBandit22
I think we can take 26 at the moment...and that's the plan.

I'm not sure the total number we can enroll early...Will Bryan is...Jaylend was planning to...Harlend wants to.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Rats leaving a sinking ship. Just one more piece of evidence.

By the way, nice scoop on this one. Mention of this site by the AJC.

I don't think it has any indication on a sinking ship...Really we haven't had that many players just voluntary leave this off-season.

The team chemistry is great this year...I know that is something that is said all the time, but I really believe that this year. I am not saying it will equal to more wins, but this team is more of a team than the previous ones.

Thank's for the props! We are moving up in the world :)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What ability have you seen?

Admittedly, I was going off his HS tape. Have not seen him play one snap at BB.

Loved his HS tape for BB. Really tough runner up the middle, and he did it against defenses that stacked the box because he was the only offensive threat on his team. I guess something didn't click once he got to this level.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
That is crazy, we are loaded with SR's at AB. Just wait a year and you will one of the few guy with experience. I thought he played well in the spring game. Why wait until now to leave? I think it is going to be too late to really help anybody out at the Juco or I-AA level this year. Does this mean that one of the incoming true Fr at another position is being moved to AB and he saw what kind of talent he was going up against.

He seen he was getting beat out by almost all the guys.

and no.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
A couple of the players on twitter were congratulating some of the walkons for getting scholarships. Adrian Gardner and Sam McNearny were the two I saw. Can you provide a list of the guys who got them.

I am sure that info will be released by Tech soon.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I understand and don't disagree from what I've been hearing.

So it now opens another schollie for the '15 class, any idea who might be a target at A back.

The plan was to take two more A Backs before this news...Same targets still.

Reuben Garnett, Wesley Fields are two to watch who could get a offer sometime.

Coward, Almonzo Brown and Keyston Fuller are three more.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The plan was to take two more A Backs before this news...Same targets still.

Reuben Garnett, Wesley Fields are two to watch who could get a offer sometime.

Coward, Almonzo Brown and Keyston Fuller are three more.
Eric maybe this is a dumb question, Marus Allen was a running back in high school, I know we moved him to LB is there a possibility that come next spring he could move back or has he put on too much weight?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
https://georgiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1670294

"Donovan came into my office and asked where he stood and I told him my honest opinion and he told me he wanted to transfer," Johnson told Jacketsonline. "He had fallen behind all the older guys and even C.J. Leggett so I think he just wants to go somewhere he can play."
At least CPJ was honest with him and didn't overly sugar coat his answer just to string him along.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Rats leaving a sinking ship. Just one more piece of evidence.

Just wow... I don't see it that way. Maybe your POV is right but I don't think so. I think he saw that his opportunity to shine was going to take a lot more effort then he was willing to give or that even if he did his best he would not advance up the chart. Also could have some personal issues going on or realized he wanted to be closer to home.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Just wow... I don't see it that way. Maybe your POV is right but I don't think so. I think he saw that his opportunity to shine was going to take a lot more effort then he was willing to give or that even if he did his best he would not advance up the chart. Also could have some personal issues going on or realized he wanted to be closer to home.

You may be on to something as one board member would say. Also, at least (like you said) our coach was honest with the young and didn't string him along. I wish him the best of luck in his future.

Remember we have some people that come here from other boards that are used to doom and gloom. After while it becomes habit forming, like a disease. Talked with one of those kind last night.

Like @Eric said, this team is a closer group that I have seen in a good while versus having a bunch of individuals. Chemistry goes along way.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric maybe this is a dumb question, Marus Allen was a running back in high school, I know we moved him to LB is there a possibility that come next spring he could move back or has he put on too much weight?

He was a RB his 1st year here...would be a good idea to move him back IMO.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
https://georgiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1670294

"Donovan came into my office and asked where he stood and I told him my honest opinion and he told me he wanted to transfer," Johnson told Jacketsonline. "He had fallen behind all the older guys and even C.J. Leggett so I think he just wants to go somewhere he can play."
If he wants playing time, he should transfer to a smaller school. If you can't get playing time with us using 6-8 RB's per game, where can you get it? Another reason to sign the mx of 25 every year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think it has any indication on a sinking ship...Really we haven't had that many players just voluntary leave this off-season.

The team chemistry is great this year...I know that is something that is said all the time, but I really believe that this year. I am not saying it will equal to more wins, but this team is more of a team than the previous ones.

Thank's for the props! We are moving up in the world :)

At some point we should get the facts about how many scholarship players leave the program; I'll come up with the list of names and we can fill in the dismissals, academics, voluntary, medical etc. Just takes a few hours and a few beers.

There is no indication of a sinking ship. In fact the strength and vitality of the recruiting class shows just the opposite - the ship is getting stronger. These recruits come and spend time with the players and team. They know better than anyone what the team chemistry really is. And they are committing to come to GT.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
He's in a spot to get a great education but wants to throw that away just to play football at a much lesser school for what 2...maybe 3...years? I have a feeling school maybe a bit tough for him.