Georgia Tech player to transfer

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
What RB do we have for the scout team? Isaiah Willis looks good and could earn as scholarship next year.

I could see this. In fact if I were forced to make snap judgments based on one scrimmage, Willis may be better than one or two of this year's scholarship A-Backs. He is a RS SO too, so that helps in balancing classes.

Also per ramblinwreck.com his first name is spelled Isiah.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
That's pretty shortsighted of him. There appears to be a significant opportunity at a back next year.

On the bright side, CJ must be ballin.

It stands to reason that if CJ is ballin, Wilson probably wasn't going to out ball him. I have to agree with Wilson here.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
It is hard for me to believe that playing time was the primary basis when he obviously knows how many seniors are leaving and how we rotate a-backs. There are probably several more significant factors in his decision but I hope the main one was that he realized there never would be the playing time he desired because the competition would be too tough. Of course I like that reason because it bodes well for the team. Regardless, I hope he has success wherever he goes.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
A couple of the players on twitter were congratulating some of the walkons for getting scholarships. Adrian Gardner and Sam McNearny were the two I saw. Can you provide a list of the guys who got them.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Ugh...always thought he could turn into another Anthony Allen type BB for us. Not flashy, but a big guy that could eat up chunks of yardage. Really wish he would have been patient with his development. With his size and ability, he would have found the field in the future either at AB or BB. Just because we sign certain guys doesn't mean things work out the way we plan (see Perkins, Custis). Patience is a virtue, but the young guys are always in a hurry (I was guilty myself). Good luck to him though...never heard anything negative about Wilson.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
He's not an A back. His body type is BBack and I think he's frustrated with PT. Laskey was hurt, CJ went down and Synjyn came over and took all the reps to get up to speed. He knows What CJ can do and with Lands Davis and another BBack coming in for 15 his touches just won't be more than scout team unless their are significant injuries.
I think you are right on all counts. I hate to see him go but playing time was not looking good for him except in the final minutes of blow out games.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
For any stud RB recruit out there, I'd like to point something out. GT's depth at BB:

Zach Laskey (Sr) Synjyn Days (Sr) Matt Connors (Sr) C.J. Leggett (Fr)

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that there's a HUGE opportunity to play early.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Maybe ML Davis coming next year is a factor, however, as we saw with Custis and Autry there is not really any reason to count your running backs before they hatch, so to speak. So it would have been definitely Wilson and Leggett next year and he would have all that practice as well. But, if there is a way that he can get in on a team immediately and get admitted and registered at another school then it makes sense to do it now rather than wait until the spring.

Good luck to you!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I am curious now about how Tech is doing with recruits from the central US in the last few years. I recall the QB Luallen from Indiana being a 4 star and transferring down. Now a RB from Ohio.

Obviously every kid is their own individual case and I doubt any strong conclusions could be drawn but I would like to know more about how recruiting nationally is doing in terms of distance from Georgia among players place on depth chart vs. those who transfer out for the CPJ years.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
We have 5 read shirt seniors at AB!!!.
25 man years of learning the TO? That is a lot of steak dinners.

I think it is clear to all that coach won't let this happen again and that young players are going to get their chances and they better make the best of it.

In 14 we will do well at AB but in 15 I feel we will do much better - Wilson can sense this change to a youth movement

Sorry to see Wilson leave but at least he is being true to himself. Maybe he didn't get a totally fair shake.
But - Wilson - Good luck and we are cheering for you where ever you go.

players see the field if they are good enough. fan favorites don't win ball games. why do you think 15 will be better at AB?