Georgia Tech player to transfer

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
From what I gather he will not be in classes when they start on Monday...What his plans are after that I do not know.
I assume that had he wanted he could have stayed on scholarship until the end of the spring semester, and it would be a shame to give up an entire semester of schooling. Too bad, but as with all of them the harsh realities of competitive sports is to get playing time one has to earn playing time. Competition can be a brutal mentor.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Honest question, especially for those of you who have played. How do kids really feel about redshirting?

Of course they all want to see the field and play from the get-go. But do any of them appreciate, or even want, the additional learning, conditioning, development time a redshirt offers? Do any look forward to being truly dominating in a rSr year and be willing to skip a year of playing earlier to be able to achieve that?

Just something I've always wondered (I've never played team sports).

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Honest question, especially for those of you who have played. How do kids really feel about redshirting?

Of course they all want to see the field and play from the get-go. But do any of them appreciate, or even want, the additional learning, conditioning, development time a redshirt offers? Do any look forward to being truly dominating in a rSr year and be willing to skip a year of playing earlier to be able to achieve that?

Only the coachable ones can see the benefit of redshirting. The ones that are more competitive (and less long-sighted) in nature will tend to want the earlier challenge and tend think that they are already good enough. When you are a true freshman, that senior year feels like it will never come.

Animal02

Banned

You put in all that work at practice......you want to PLAY.