Georgia Tech @ Notre Dame Wednesday 7pm

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Conference road game against a team with a good amount of experience (all 7 players who have gotten significant time are juniors or seniors) is going to be a decent test, but I agree we need to win this one.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Bad record but well coached. Can’t over look them at all. Need to bring it for 40 minutes, no cold streaks and careless turnovers and we can win by 10 or so. I see this like the Nebraska game earlier in the season.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
we'll have to defend the perimeter and three-point line against them. Do that and we should be fine

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This game will be a very good barometer for us in the ACC. A road game against a team you should beat. Will need a couple of these wins Over the next couple months to get to Indy.
ND seems to have a good offense, but They look pretty bad defensively.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Nate Laszewski has burned everybody on 3 pointers, including 4-7 against Virginia and 7-11 against North Carolina. A 59% average on 3 pointers and 66% overall.
Prentiss Hubb killed us in the 2nd half in Atlanta last year sprinting to the basket and taking passes for layups. Dane Goodwin scored 15 points in Atlanta and 14 points at Notre Dame. They've already played Michigan State, Ohio State, Kentucky, Duke, Purdue, Virginia, and North Carolina. Only one loss was by more than 10 points.
After that schedule, they probably think this is a game they can win.
In their losses, I only saw as many as 13 turnovers once. Most were 10 or less.
In other words, anything less than a solid effort on defense and a decent shooting % will not end well.

Border Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I think ND is beatable and hopefully the Jackets will be 7-3 after the game.

https___yellowjackedup.com_wp-content_uploads_getty-images_2017_07_1207390920.jpeg

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Trap game. Notre Dame is 0-3 in the ACC and 0-3 against the BigTen. They’re not as bad as their record says, but they’re also not a good team. This is another game we have to win to make the post season. Gonna have to bring the energy.
You are right this is a game that we tend to lose in the past. Technically, we lost a ton of games so who really knows. I’m just excited to watch our guys play!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We will learn a lot about ourselves on Wednesday night. ND will probably be favored. I'll feel really good about our future if we can go in and take one in South Bend.

Great opportunity to move to 3-1 in the conference with some tough games against the upper half of the league on the horizon.

We played well when on the road last year, so it will be interesting to see if the experience helps us here.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We will learn a lot about ourselves on Wednesday night. ND will probably be favored. I'll feel really good about our future if we can go in and take one in South Bend.

Great opportunity to move to 3-1 in the conference with some tough games against the upper half of the league on the horizon.

We played well when on the road last year, so it will be interesting to see if the experience helps us here.

Agreed, this is a good test for what we can do. We need Moses to play a clean game, if he avoids foul trouble I think he matches up well against Nate - would be great to target him with our guards and try to get him into foul trouble (Brey plays a bench as tight as we do) and I don't think they have many more options than we do behind him. Juwan has gotten most of the minutes for their remaining bigs, but after that it is like our situation with Forwards not named Moses / Khalid. Enough roster talk, bring back the road kill piñatas!

Let's go get it!

GT_EE78

Banned
Looks good for me watching, the RSN is usually FSSO so that's great.
I only get to watch if RSN or ESPN.
i wonder if others missed the Wake game like me.There was no thread for it :(
If so,here's a recap
Jose was ACC POW
Go Jackets!