Georgia Tech Men's Basketball - 2019-'20 Season Membership Renewal

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Wow I didn't realize how enormous my Young Alumni discount was. Drops my ticket prices down from $560 to $200.

I didn't see anything on there about relocation...will try and call my rep before renewals begin. Wouldn't mind sliding down as many rows as I can without getting stuck right behind the basket. I need to make friends in this section -- one of my friends I sat with last year moved out of state and I don't think the other will be renewing.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone sit in 105? I’m pretty sure I lost my 2 seatmates and need a budd(y/ies) to go to games with.

I’m genuinely down to grab ****ty beers in-town with you if you wanna make sure I’m not too weird before we book seats together.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow

My reply to my GT ticket agent asking me to purchase season tickets:

Taryn, appreciate the note. I really can’t jump on board with season tickets for basketball. Given the anticipated results of the team, the poor recruiting and that the team has only been to the tournament one time in the past dozen years, I have neither the time or the inclination to support the program.

Coach Pastner is getting embarrassed by Tom Crean on the recruiting trail, until I see him recruit at a level of UGA, or Pastner gone, GT basketball, sadly, is not an option for me.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My reply to my GT ticket agent asking me to purchase season tickets:

Taryn, appreciate the note. I really can’t jump on board with season tickets for basketball. Given the anticipated results of the team, the poor recruiting and that the team has only been to the tournament one time in the past dozen years, I have neither the time or the inclination to support the program.

Coach Pastner is getting embarrassed by Tom Crean on the recruiting trail, until I see him recruit at a level of UGA, or Pastner gone, GT basketball, sadly, is not an option for me.

Oh. I renewed my season tickets day one because I support the players & program regardless of who's the coach and that I live 800 miles away, being lucky to make it to 6 games a year.

I can certainly appreciate that your time is devoted elsewhere and your desire to express displeasure in the results to the GTAA, but if you truly have the disposable income to buy tickets, emphasizing the word "disposable", and you choose to not continue purchasing them, then when the day comes to replace Pastner, you've also contributed to the negative metrics and lack of funds to justify not making the significant long term investment this program needs.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
Well I am one of the 44% so its safe to say the disposable income is there. The time or desire is not. The program is a joke and CPJ is getting his *** kicked on the recruiting trail by ugag

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well I am one of the 44% so its safe to say the disposable income is there. The time or desire is not. The program is a joke and CPJ is getting his *** kicked on the recruiting trail by ugag

Understood. I just want you to understand that when the time comes to make a change and the justification is made to not pour resources in to uptier the program, you're part of that justification by not maintaining your support.

By the way, what's the 44%? I emphasized "disposable" in the literal sense of throwing money away, which some may say I do annually to maintain my support of GT hoops.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Understood. I just want you to understand that when the time comes to make a change and the justification is made to not pour resources in to uptier the program, you're part of that justification by not maintaining your support.

By the way, what's the 44%? I emphasized "disposable" in the literal sense of throwing money away, which some may say I do annually to maintain my support of GT hoops.

He was affected by the equifax breach

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well this is a catch 22. If you want him replaced GT needs more money, but you're withholding money from the GTAA until he is replaced.

Our fan base didn't understand this with Paul Hewitt, so we end up with Brian Gregory, although that also had to do with LazyAD being lazy.

Didn't understand this with Brian Gregory, and despite efforts by Sasquatch to actually spend money on it, we land CJP.

Already, we're seeing the same vicious cycle, but people are eager to complain about a problem without contributing to the solution.

You want GT hoops to improve in the future, state your case to Todd and cut a check today.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Our fan base didn't understand this with Paul Hewitt, so we end up with Brian Gregory, although that also had to do with LazyAD being lazy.

Didn't understand this with Brian Gregory, and despite efforts by Sasquatch to actually spend money on it, we land CJP.

Already, we're seeing the same vicious cycle, but people are eager to complain about a problem without contributing to the solution.

You want GT hoops to improve in the future, state your case to Todd and cut a check today.
To be fair I still have hope for CJP. I know some don't, but that doesn't mean they should withhold money to create change.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
To be fair I still have hope for CJP. I know some don't, but that doesn't mean they should withhold money to create change.

I'm in agreement here. I'm not convinced CJP is the long term solution, but I do have hope for this coming season and I also recognize that CJP's time here is just something that has to run its course.

ETA: For those who think withholding funds is going to facilitate your end goal of a coaching change, keep in mind that any time you contact someone at the GTAA, the 1st thing they check is your giving record and season ticketholder status.