Georgia Tech Head Coach Hot List

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Don't see a problem with the comments he made. I agree "things have to change" when it comes to violence.
Note that I own guns as do my kids, who are adults, in other family members. Members. Part of our societal problem is letting folks off the hook with a slap on the wrist, and not enforcing the laws that we currently have. I don't believe we need "more laws" per se regarding guns. I've already gone too deep down this rabbit hole and will stop now.
He is allowed to have opinions. He is allowed to express those opinions He is allowed to use his position to fight for political change. I just have no desire to have someone like that as the head coach of the basketball program. Like I said in another post, I do not want to hire someone who is like Steve Kerr in political activism and Bobby Knight in his on court demeanor.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Are you his therapist? Where is the line between a passionate, firey (sic) coach and someone who is potentially unstable? I do not know, but I am curious as to how you do.

I will say he strikes me as kind of a weird dude. I might not say "unstable", but I think it's fair to ask questions.

Ill Allow It GIF

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This really could have gone in the hot list thread, rather than starting a new thread.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Could not care less about the coaches skin color.
Well, you should. Look how well the dorky white guy played out in recruiting Atlanta. I'm not saying it should be the only, or even primary, attribute, but it could absolutely be the difference between landing some recruits and missing on them. It may not be right, and you (and I for that matter) may not like it, but it absolutely matters.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm not in tune with the CBB world like I am the CFB side, so I have no clue who the good coaches are, and who the good assistants are. If the GTFB coach search is any indication, Batt will probably look for someone who can do more with less. The two guys rumored that Batt wanted but donors couldn't agree on before compromising on Brent Key were Jamey Chadwell and Willie Fritz. Two guys well known for utilizing unique schemes to make the most out of under rated talent. They are both also well known for developing talent.

If that's any indication of who GT is looking at for our BB coach, maybe some of you posters can chime in about that. Which coach out there has a good system (BB version of the FB option/air raid?) and is known for developing under the radar talent?

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
One factor that can't be disregarded is a coach who will be able to keep the talent we already have. I still believe in the approach CJP was considering is finding 1 or 2 bigs to complement the number of good guards and SF's we already have. Plus being able to keep Blue Cain in the fold. Some would say a new coach needs to be able to bring in the players he wants. But a combination of both approaches; and a coach who could pull it off, would show me a really good coach.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
One factor that can't be disregarded is a coach who will be able to keep the talent we already have. I still believe in the approach CJP was considering is finding 1 or 2 bigs to complement the number of good guards and SF's we already have. Plus being able to keep Blue Cain in the fold. Some would say a new coach needs to be able to bring in the players he wants. But a combination of both approaches; and a coach who could pull it off, would show me a really good coach.
I’m wondering if the new guy will be able to bring any players with him as well. I agree completely that I hope he can keep guys at Tech, but it would be nice if he had a few guys to bring with him. I just noticed that the point guard from Wake (Whitt) played for Furman this year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Would those be like the Appalachian State ponds?

The exception does not make the fact.

Yes we are so broke we have to take anyone out of any pond. . We will likely take a guy from small school. App state, COC are fine if Batt picks him..

The rewards to gtaa of being a good athletic program in Atl are way more than they would be be in small town usa. At some pooint we will realize we need to keep reaching for brass ring as we go around on the merry go round of coaches.

The home of the big fish is the deep water..

Attachments

• 20504.jpeg
    20504.jpeg
    355.6 KB · Views: 10

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Assume this is what you are talking about:

Doesn’t seem that unstable for a guy with two little girls to have an opinion about 20 little kids getting murdered at an elementary school.

Good "rant" and he is correct that we should all care. If no one cares than nothing changes. If more people actually care then something might change. He offered no solution, just that people need to care. If that's his red flag, it's a non issue for me and I expect it's a non issue for GTAA. His passion is clear.