Georgia Tech Head Coach Hot List

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Without a doubt you take a feeler/shot at Pitino first (I imagine this has already been done)

Once he turns us down (which you must make him do if you are doing your job) - I have absolutely no clue which direction we will (up and coming/unproven or a re-tread/old)

What kind of budget will we have for this hire considering we just did the same thing in football. Hate having to do this within the same year budget-wise - we really need to hope Key and the next hire are successful.

GetYourBuzzOn

Georgia Tech Fan
Was the Director of Player Development for GT in 2011/12, so he's familiar with the Institute. We won't mention the actual player development on that team, though ;)

He was also the primary recruiter for Anthony Edwards, which is impressive.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
100% love it. You can say he's unproven, but everyone says we can't afford a proven coach (a coach who took a power 6 team to NCAA). So, we look to low majors for candidates, and he is the hottest one, with ATL , Georgia and GT connections. Bro is president of GLeague and played for the HAwks. In my view we need to get guys on the come like Amir- if we wait for him to get experience at Georgia State or some better non-power6 program and he is good, we won't be able to get him. Get him now.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Abdur Rahim, Dusty May, Ryan ODom. Kelsey ? Sean Miller won't come to Tech, he is back where he belongs. Archie Miller maybe? Danny Hurley?

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Stupid newb money question - lotta talk about not being able to recruit in terms of paying players and NIL. What happened since Hewitt was bringing in high-4 and 5 stars? I’m assuming there was under the table stuff going on to keep up with the Joneses, how’d it dry up? Or was he just a superhuman clean recruiter?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Does Jarrett Jack have HC experience? I love the guy but don’t think he’s quite ready for this stage