Georgia Tech Football Future Schedule

GTFLETCH

Banned
We need a FCS opponent
  • 09/08 - at South Florida
  • 09/29 - Bowling Green
  • 11/24 - at UGA
(Tulane pulled out) we need a replacement. New Mexico State & UMASS seem the most likely as almost all other teams have their 2019 OOC scheduled filled.
  • 09/07 - South Florida
  • 09/14 - The Citadel
  • 11/30 - UGA
We need a FCS opponent
  • 09/09 - Central Florida
  • 11/14 - Notre Dame
  • 11/28 - at UGA

Georgia Tech looks to be ok with signing a FCS team to complete the OOC schedule in 2018 and 2020. However in 2019 a FBS opponent is required to replace Tulane! What is the issue? We should have the three OOC games in the bag and on the schedule. I think the issue is most G5/P5 teams have their 2019 OOC schedule filled. The Faithful season ticket holders at Bobby Dodd are about to take it in the pants again and have two FCS games in 2019 if the GTAA screws up again!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Fletch you're way too obsessed with this. Nothing we fret over will have any affect on the outcome of the schedule. Best to let them do their job and take it as it comes.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
The reason we had 2 FCS games a while back was due to the uncertainty of changing the ACC schedule to 9 games vs 8, which left us, Pitt and UNC all playing 2 FCS games in the last couple years. Teams back in and out of games all the time, we'll see what we can get as I'm assuming any small G5 school would take money from tech as opposed to their prescheduled MAC opponent

GTFLETCH

Banned
Call me crazy, however two season since 2000 of having FCS teams in the same year has me pissed, and now this junk... BTW if 2019 does not start-off with ACC matchup (GT vs Clemson is being reported) Neutral site game options are slim... the P5 teams with holes are:

TCU
OSU
WSU

List of teams that can schedule 1 game at Bobby Dodd to replace Tulane - G5 type
New Mexico State
UMASS
Liberty
Houston
Middle Tenn ST
FIU
UTSA
Akron
Western Michigan
UNLV
Fresno St
APP State
Coastal Carolina

GTFLETCH

Banned
The reason we had 2 FCS games a while back was due to the uncertainty of changing the ACC schedule to 9 games vs 8, which left us, Pitt and UNC all playing 2 FCS games in the last couple years. Teams back in and out of games all the time, we'll see what we can get as I'm assuming any small G5 school would take money from tech as opposed to their prescheduled MAC opponent

2008 we played two FCS... Jax State and Gardner Webb
Link
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-08/acc/2008-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets-football-schedule.php

2013 we played Elon and Alabama A&M
Link
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/acc/2013-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets-football-schedule.php

We canceled the 2014 & 2017 Football Games vs. BYU

With Pittsburgh and Syracuse set to join the ACC, likely in 2014, the ACC will move to a 9 game schedule in 2014. That means each ACC team will only play three non-conference games per season. Georgia Tech had four games scheduled for 2014: BYU, Wofford, at Georgia and at Tulane. Obviously, they couldn’t cancel in-state rival Georgia and they wanted to keep their home “buy” game against Wofford. That left BYU and Tulane as candidates for cancellation. In 2017, the Yellow Jackets now have games scheduled at Ole Miss and home against Georgia. The game against BYU in 2017 will likely be replaced with an FCS or lower-level FBS game at home.

Link
http://www.fbschedules.com/2012/04/georgia-tech-cancels-2014-2017-football-games-byu/

ACC to play Nine Game Conference Football Schedule

By Kevin Kelley - Feb 3, 2012

The ACC announced today that they will play a nine game conference football schedule when Pittsburgh and Syracuse join the league. The two schools are currently slated to join the ACC in 2014.

Link
http://www.fbschedules.com/2012/02/acc-nine-game-conference-football-schedule/

We moved the BYU Series because of the 9 game conf schedule that was suppose to start in 2014... 2013 we just didn't schedule anyone!!

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Call me crazy, however two season since 2000 of having FCS teams in the same year has me pissed, and now this junk... BTW if 2019 does not start-off with ACC matchup (GT vs Clemson is being reported) Neutral site game options are slim... the P5 teams with holes are:

TCU
OSU
WSU

List of teams that can schedule 1 game at Bobby Dodd to replace Tulane - G5 type
New Mexico State
UMASS
Liberty
Houston
Middle Tenn ST
FIU
UTSA
Akron
Western Michigan
UNLV
Fresno St
APP State
Coastal Carolina

Crazy...

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Man up and play a BIG time (if available) team on the road for that 1 year.

Texas / Nebraska / lsu / or someone like that. Write the contract where we can not lose $.

Course it will hurt bowl ticket sales at end of year because we have already traveled for our 1 big away game that year.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Texas / Nebraska / lsu / or someone like that. Write the contract where we can not lose $.

Course it will hurt bowl ticket sales at end of year because we have already traveled for our 1 big away game that year.

I think you're assuming that these schools want to play us.

GTFLETCH

Banned

I could be wrong.. But I think Texas, Nebraska and LSU already have filled their 2019 OOC schedule.. However TCU and Oklahoma State have holes and Washington State

I would love to see GT face TCU or Oklahoma State in a netruel site game in 2019.. Say a Cotton or Chic fila kick-off game!!