Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
An ACC team could just as easily be picked for the Gator Bowl instead of Music City, no? Definitely would want Nashville since we just did Jax in ‘16.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
ND will get Camping World. Pitt at Citrus. NC State for Belk. Syracuse for Pinstripe and Tech in the Sun. They love us in El Paso. UVA will go to Nash Vegas.
ND is making it to the playoffs, all they need to do is beat USC, and even if they don’t make the playoffs they still will have a New Years 6 bowl imo and not the Camping World. No way a soon to be 5 possible 6 loss Pitt gets a better bowl than ND who at most can have 1 loss. Pitt also has N.C. State and Syracuse who should end up ranked higher in CFB, have a better record, and ranked higher in the ACC standings, one of those two teams (I’m guessing N.C. State) will get the Camping World. You also forgot the Gator or Music City Bowl which GT could get.

Edit: the ACC would have to have a higher ranked team than the SEC or Big 10 team for the Citrus Bowl and I don’t see hat happening.

Last edited:

Sparkybob

Georgia Tech Fan
I think if Syracuse beats BC they will jump NC State to get the Camping World bowl spot. Then NC State gets the Belk Bowl because they have not been there since 2015.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
An ACC team could just as easily be picked for the Gator Bowl instead of Music City, no? Definitely would want Nashville since we just did Jax in ‘16.
Yes, the Gator bowl and Music city each get 3 ACC teams over the next 6 years, Gator bowl has had 2 already so they will probably make it even and give it to the Music City. Plus I think a Florida vs Penn State would be a compelling match up in the Gator Bowl.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think if Syracuse beats BC they will jump NC State to get the Camping World bowl spot. Then NC State gets the Belk Bowl because they have not been there since 2015.
Idk, with it in Florida I think they will possibly go with NC Sate because of how close they are compared to Syracuse. Also Syracuse took a bad loss to ND and N.C. State will be on a decent win streak. Either way, I think we end up in the Music city Bowl against Auburn, Miss st, or South Carolina.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Just booked 2 nights at the Hyatt in Brentwood with free cancelation and breakfast included for $115 (before taxes and fees) a night. I’d suggest doing the same before rates go up. I’m toning to start look at N.C. now.

Edit: I picked a day to late so I just switched and left off the breakfast for $101 a night.

Last edited:

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
If we beat the dwags next week - don't we have a shot at the peach bowl? We'd probably be the second highest ranked ACC team, depending on Cuse's ranking.
I'm not being a sore loser, I promise, but I wouldn't spend much time thinking about what happens if gt beats uga.

It's probably going to look like the Clemson game. Uga is a legit top 5 program right now, and GT is somewhat above average. The future looks good for gt (the defense should trend up for the next couple years and the QB's in the pipeline look better than the one on the field) but for THIS year, it's not gonna happen.

The year has been a pleasant turnaround, and it's a recipe for disappointment to get your hopes up to beat ufu this year.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not being a sore loser, I promise, but I wouldn't spend much time thinking about what happens if gt beats uga.

It's probably going to look like the Clemson game. Uga is a legit top 5 program right now, and GT is somewhat above average. The future looks good for gt (the defense should trend up for the next couple years and the QB's in the pipeline look better than the one on the field) but for THIS year, it's not gonna happen.

The year has been a pleasant turnaround, and it's a recipe for disappointment to get your hopes up to beat ufu this year.

Oh I don't think it's likely. I'm just asking if it happens. They could give up 3 TOs in a row.

I will say that UVA's defense looked like Clemson. Holding the point of attack, breaking blocks and flowing fast to the ball.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Next week is going to be crazy.

BC beats Cuse (least crazy)
UNC beats NC State
FSU beats UF
d'oh U beats Pitt
we beat georgie

... and we're going to Orlando

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Just booked 2 nights at the Hyatt in Brentwood with free cancelation and breakfast included for $115 (before taxes and fees) a night. I’d suggest doing the same before rates go up. I’m toning to start look at N.C. now.

Edit: I picked a day to late so I just switched and left off the breakfast for $101 a night.

Brentwood????? You want to say that far from the fun???? You need to stay downtown!

Animal02

Banned
Who do you have going into the Camping? You named pretty much the only two teams that should make it (Syracuse and NC State) and after the loss Syracuse took today I think NC State takes it.
Camping is the unknown...and depends on how things play out......the Belk will always take a Carolina team, which is why I thing they end up in the Belk. If BC beats Cuse....they would be a likely prospect for the camping.....or Cuse may be depending on that game.