Georgia Tech Black Male Athlete Graduation Rate

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

https://www.myajc.com/sports/colleg...e-black-male-athletes/S9WGVcVUhAScR3OGRkWJFL/

This is a great read. And its a double win - because not only are we graduating folks at a good percentage, they are actually getting an impactful degree as well.

Georgia Tech is 1 of only 4 schools where this graduation percentage was on par with the graduation percentage of all scholarship athletes. And it wasn't too far behind the overall graduation rate. I can't imagine if you do things RIGHT you can ever get it exactly the same - these guys (all student athletes) essentially have the Georgia Tech rigor while also working a full time job (playing most sports requires 40+ hours/week).

Man, look at some of those other schools. So embarrassing. I mean, some of these are scandalous.
Due: 81%
Georgia Tech: 70%
Clemson: 65%
Virginia: 65%
Miami: 64%
Virginia Tech: 57%
Pittsburgh: 56%
North Carolina: 43%
Georgia: 36% (2nd to last in all of P5).

That is big time for us - definitely something to advertise and be proud of. And those 'schools' like georgia and UNCheat that are offering fake degrees and still can't graduate people need to think twice at how they're totally destroying their reputations.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
https://www.myajc.com/sports/colleg...e-black-male-athletes/S9WGVcVUhAScR3OGRkWJFL/

This is a great read. And its a double win - because not only are we graduating folks at a good percentage, they are actually getting an impactful degree as well.

Georgia Tech is 1 of only 4 schools where this graduation percentage was on par with the graduation percentage of all scholarship athletes. And it wasn't too far behind the overall graduation rate. I can't imagine if you do things RIGHT you can ever get it exactly the same - these guys (all student athletes) essentially have the Georgia Tech rigor while also working a full time job (playing most sports requires 40+ hours/week).

Man, look at some of those other schools. So embarrassing. I mean, some of these are scandalous.
Due: 81%
Georgia Tech: 70%
Clemson: 65%
Virginia: 65%
Miami: 64%
Virginia Tech: 57%
Pittsburgh: 56%
North Carolina: 43%
Georgia: 36% (2nd to last in all of P5).

That is big time for us - definitely something to advertise and be proud of. And those 'schools' like georgia and UNCheat that are offering fake degrees and still can't graduate people need to think twice at how they're totally destroying their reputations.
That's an interesting article;)(y)

Deleted member 2897

That seems borderline criminal what some of those schools are doing.

I agree. I mean, you and 9 of your best friends commit to uGA for football. Which 7 of the 10 of you won't ever get a degree? Jeeeezus.

herb

Helluva Engineer
it is like Tech in the old days, only instead of look to your left, look to your right, one of you won't graduate, it is two of you!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The thing is, these are the 6-year graduation rates. At 70% (S-A and Black S-A) and 84% overall student body, I think if you look at total graduation, those numbers get closer together. While most non-athlete undergraduates will finish in 6 years, it is not uncommon for student athletes (especially in football and basketball) to come back and finish their degree after 2-5 years in professional sports. So, while total graduation numbers will increase in both populations, I think the increase in SA and Black S-A percentages will be greater than the overall student body.