Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech, Tues, Feb 23, 7pm, RSN/ACCNX

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I assume that assumes that we don't reschedule the rest of our games that have been postponed, i.e. NC State and BC? Any others?

I don’t think it’s possible to reschedule anything based on remaining time before the ACC tourney starts and our current games...Unless we want to squeeze in a few more 1 day turnaround games.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We won today because we're the better team. 100% better team. Now the next big test will be Duke at home, but those other two games are really, really important. 2-1 could get us in the NCAAT with one ACCT win. Now is the time to play with focus. We have the talent, but making plays is the test.

Is there any team in the country short of Gonzales or Baylor we cannot beat night after night when we play like this?

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
Correct. We play on saturday, then tuesday, then Friday the 5th. I believe the ACCT starts on the 9th. We aren't making up either of those games.
Unfortunately, I think you are correct. But that aint gonna stop me from saying I would add BC 48 hours after Wake. We will get ACCT first round bye to allow for appropriate rest and prep time before ACCT.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
It’s really crazy! If he goes 0-4 or 1-3 in the next 4 then it could be the end for Pastner. Go 3-1 or 4-0 win an ACC tournament game or 2 to get into the tournament and even potentially win a game and he may get an extension.
He’s a much better coach than being on a “hot seat”. The stat of him winning or losing based on shot percentage is almost 100%. IMO that means if his players can knock down shots that means he/they win.

he can’t put balls in baskets but I think his X’s & O’s are solid.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
He’s a much better coach than being on a “hot seat”. The stat of him winning or losing based on shot percentage is almost 100%. IMO that means if his players can knock down shots that means he/they win.

he can’t put balls in baskets but I think his X’s & O’s are solid.
He's done well while dealing with some extraneous circumstances while at Tech as well. Some of his own doing, some not.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, I think you are correct. But that aint gonna stop me from saying I would add BC 48 hours after Wake. We will get ACCT first round bye to allow for appropriate rest and prep time before ACCT.

Well the thing is you'd have to convince BC to do so as well. Also, I'm not sure we actually gain all that much by playing BC.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Proud of the team tonight. Shout out to Devoe...he had a bad first half, but stepped up big at the start of the second and scored some big time points. Keep it up!