Georgia Tech at Duke, Jan 26, 9pm, ESPN

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Double Hurt anytime the ball gets near him. He does a lot of fall away shots that are hard to defend. But limit him and I will take our chances with the rest of the roster.

Deleted member 2897

Double Hurt anytime the ball gets near him. He does a lot of fall away shots that are hard to defend. But limit him and I will take our chances with the rest of the roster.

Steward averages 13ppg so gotta cheat a bit covering him. But those are the only 2 Duke players inside the top 40 in the ACC if you can believe it. Hurt is #2 and Steward is #22. By comparison, GT has the #4, 6, 17, and 28 scorers.

Hurt is gonna get his points, but you want to keep him to 15-20...you don't want a 30 point game. You want the other Dookies shooting, who aren't as good and will miss their shots.

Hurt is a 60% FT shooter - we don't exactly have fouls to give playing 6 deep, but when in doubt fouling him is better than an easy bucket.

Deleted member 2897

1611624567060.gif

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Hard to imagine the last time Gt beat Duke came on Jan. 9, 2010, a 71-67 victory.

hope it’s GT’a time tomorrow night.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I like our recent strategy of shooting 60%+ from three. So let's just keeping doing that.

In all seriousness, our ball movement and shot selection over the last two games is what is most encouraging. I like to think if we can create good looks with moderate success against Virginia (and Clemson), it'll translate to tonight. We will not continue to convert at the clip we have been - it is not something we can rely on - but energy and good shots, regardless of whether they go in, should carry forward. Even if we're unable to convert, as long as we're getting the looks we want, I'll remain encouraged.

Looking forward to tonight. For me it's only a little bit about winning at Cameron, and moreso about how our play translates forward to the rest of the season and postseason.

Deleted member 2897

I like our recent strategy of shooting 60%+ from three. So let's just keeping doing that.

In all seriousness, our ball movement and shot selection over the last two games is what is most encouraging. I like to think if we can create good looks with moderate success against Virginia (and Clemson), it'll translate to tonight. We will not continue to convert at the clip we have been - it is not something we can rely on - but energy and good shots, regardless of whether they go in, should carry forward. Even if we're unable to convert, as long as we're getting the looks we want, I'll remain encouraged.

Looking forward to tonight. For me it's only a little bit about winning at Cameron, and moreso about how our play translates forward to the rest of the season and postseason.

I agree. Of course I want to win, but if we play well and it’s a good game, I’m going to guess that more wins will come our way as the season continues. Duke is not bad, they’re talented and well coached but just out of sync.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My concern is that the terrible start is something this team MUST overcome with a few signature wins. A string of close losses doesn't get you into the Dance....