Georgia Tech at Clemson to open the ACC Network likely in 2019

GTFLETCH

Banned
Additional reporting reveals the ACC may stage three league games to open the 2019 season. In theory, this would not only drive ACC Network ratings but also pressure cable providers to carry the channel.

Georgia Tech at Clemson is very likely

“You want to have a quality (network) launch, and certainly games that are appealing are really important,” Swofford told me in March. “And not only in that particular year. … We are spending a lot of time talking about scheduling. …

“There are some concerns about those (FCS) games being frontloaded on everybody’s schedule. That’s probably not good going forward with our business decisions and scheduling decisions related to the channel.”

Link
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-spring-meetings-football-post.html

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Somewhat of an implication in that article is that playing that game would be because of other game commitments by ACC teams, and because CU drives the needle.

Hope we can change some things around because a Forbes article of 5/10/17 (I think) showed only 8 teams from the combined ACC / SEC/ PAC 12 / BIG 10 with less TV viewership than GT. For 2015 & 2016 I believe.

That puts us at 47 out of 54 in TV viewership.

Last edited: