Georgia Tech All-Time basketball team

slugboy

Staff member
I thought Kenny Anderson played at Tech. How could he not be on this team?
Played PG, but so did Marbury, so it's a strange list. But do you want to take Price out of the PG slot?
(KA could definitely pass though. The other guys couldn't always catch the pass)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Played PG, but so did Marbury, so it's a strange list. But do you want to take Price out of the PG slot?
(KA could definitely pass though. The other guys couldn't always catch the pass)

I would put KA over either Marbury or Price. I'd take our Marbury though.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
KA and Price would be the first 2 on my list.
Scott and Bosh are pretty easy choices as well. It's who do you have as your fifth.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Scott and Bosh are pretty easy choices as well. It's who do you have as your fifth.

If we’re trying to build a winning starting 5 rather than just an all-time best 5 then I’d be looking at Shumpert or Morrow. Morrow for the Kyle Korver role or Shumpert for the... Shumpert role.

I’d probably go Shumpert.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If we’re trying to build a winning starting 5 rather than just an all-time best 5 then I’d be looking at Shumpert or Morrow. Morrow for the Kyle Korver role or Shumpert for the... Shumpert role.

I’d probably go Shumpert.

Shumpert in college or Shumpert in the NBA? College Shumpert thought he was an NBA PG, which he wasn't.

Also, that original listing of players seems to be geared towards NBA success, which might explain why Kenny wasn't listed.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
LOT of tough choices at PG. Anderson - Price - Marbury - Jack. IMO, those are the top tier PGs in modern GT basketball.

People forget, but Anderson was a really good defender as well. Averaged more than 2 steals a game his first season, and 3 steals a game his sophomore year. Was also a good rebounding guard with almost 6 rebounds a game. IMO, he's the first guy at PG for me...great all around PG. Scores, facilitates, creates, rebounds, and defends.

Jack doesn't get as much credit, but you tell me we make the NCAA finals without him. Watching him that year we made the finals was a joy. He came in with Bosh who got a lot of hoopla, but Jack's impact on our program is deeper than Bosh's.

When you have to make tough choices like this it tells you the type of program GT has. Gotta get back to those days...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Agree here, I may have fudged in Hammonds (or even Alvin) over Favors but everything is relative

Marbury made me a GT fan....I wasn’t around for the KA days.