Georgia Tech (+6.5) vs. Virginia Tech

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sooooooo you're telling me there's a chance(y)
Been saying it

1) https://gtswarm.com/threads/georgia-tech-16-5-vs-virginia.20222/#post-653116
Interesting data ahead to our remaining ACC home games. Based on Vegas, Sagarin and Football Outsider I would expect:
  • GT will be a ~6-point dog vs. VT
  • GT may be favored vs. NC State... you read that right... worst case a coin flip type of game
VT is about 20 slots worse than Pitt in Sagarin, and Pitt ended as a 9 point favorite at kickoff. VT was also #88 in FEI coming into this weekend, compared to our #94. Perhaps VT's performance vs. ND improved their standings in FEI, which hasn't been updated yet.

NC State was 101 in FEI heading in to this weekend. GT was 94. NC State got raced by Wake on Saturday, and we have them at home. Sagarin has NC State at #78 with GT at #99. Not enough to overcome home field advantage if I'm looking at the numbers correctly.

In other words, for those who are looking for a push on the 4 wins over/under... there's your best path.

2) https://gtswarm.com/threads/virginia-postgame.20283/#post-655450
Nice rebound by Graham. 15/22 for 229 yds is no slouch.
We struggled on special teams. D wasn't able to generate a turnover, which we needed.

As I mentioned earlier this week, the VT spread should settle somewhere in the 1 score range. I'm thinking +5 or +6.

There's a chance we're favored vs. NC State. Worst case, a coin flip.

Spread is currently at 5.5

Deleted member 2897

Virginia Tech is playing really good football right now which isn't good news for Georgia Tech. I think Virginia Tech wins 23-10 over Georgia Tech.

Well I think people are giving a little too much credit to both Wake Forest and Virginia Tech being good teams.

Wake Forest has beat Utah State, Rice, and Elon. Wake Forest doesn't have a single win against a team with a winning record. Let that sink in.
Virginia Tech beat Old Dominion, Furman, Miami, Rhode Island, etc...their only real signature looking win was beating Wake Forest this weekend - a team that doesn't have a win yet against a team with a winning record.

We've proven this year we can lose to anybody. But we're good enough to beat Virginia Tech and NC State. If we don't make a couple bad plays against Pitt and Virginia, we win both of those games.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Virginia Tech is playing really good football right now which isn't good news for Georgia Tech. I think Virginia Tech wins 23-10 over Georgia Tech.
If our defense doesn't step up u right. But I think it's time for us to play well on all phases. I will go w the approx opposite - 24-10 good guys
This coach seems to keep them motivated inspite of past record. He makes in game direct corrections in a way that is not belittling and post game has an immediate correction session.
Here is curry after we let the uva qb run for 40 yds.
20191109_130112.jpg

Deleted member 2897

If our defense doesn't step up u right. But I think it's time for us to play well on all phases. I will go w the approx opposite - 24-10 good guys
This coach seems to keep them motivated inspite of past record. He makes in game direct corrections in a way that is not belittling and post game has an immediate correction session.
Here is curry after we let the uva qb run for 40 yds.
View attachment 7180

I loved a lot about CPJ. But 1 thing for sure I do not miss is how he would berate our players at times. I remember specific episodes against Clemson where he was cursing like a sailor at the OL, grabbing jerseys, etc. I mean they were playing against an NFL defensive line. Lets be real.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We can win this game. The question is will we win this game. So far this year's team seems to find a way to lose as opposed to finding a way to win. Until they break out of that tendency, I can not anticipate a win. We just have to find a way to be solid in all 3 phases throughout the game. We are not good enough to beat anyone if we do not eliminate mistakes. Absolutely no margin for error.

Go Jackets!