Georgia Tech (+16.5) vs. Virginia

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Random thoughts:
  • The Wake @ VT game is an interesting one. That could sway VT's division and bowl chances tremendously.
  • I was hopeful ESPN would be $-smart and put a ND away game on ACCN. Well done.

Interesting data ahead to our remaining ACC home games. Based on Vegas, Sagarin and Football Outsider I would expect:
  • GT will be a ~6-point dog vs. VT
  • GT may be favored vs. NC State... you read that right... worst case a coin flip type of game
VT is about 20 slots worse than Pitt in Sagarin, and Pitt ended as a 9 point favorite at kickoff. VT was also #88 in FEI coming into this weekend, compared to our #94. Perhaps VT's performance vs. ND improved their standings in FEI, which hasn't been updated yet.

NC State was 101 in FEI heading in to this weekend. GT was 94. NC State got raced by Wake on Saturday, and we have them at home. Sagarin has NC State at #78 with GT at #99. Not enough to overcome home field advantage if I'm looking at the numbers correctly.

In other words, for those who are looking for a push on the 4 wins over/under... there's your best path.

Deleted member 2897

If it was a home game but I hate playing up there.

Yup, and they finish with us at home, Liberty, then VPISU at home. They should finish 6-2 in the ACC, Coastal Champions (they own the tie breaker over Pitt), that would be 9-3 overall. But the Coastal sucks! LOL

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
Our whole offense is based around "Perkins is the best athlete on the field". Or OC is a bum, but generally Perkins actually is the best athlete on the field .

Teams that can bottle up Perkins will beat UVA. I don't think GT can.

what’s your take on the line? Also, how’s the (brother?) football team doing?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Our whole offense is based around "Perkins is the best athlete on the field". Or OC is a bum, but generally Perkins actually is the best athlete on the field .

Teams that can bottle up Perkins will beat UVA. I don't think GT can.

UVA is weird team. Like you said, not sure if they do anything great but Perkins makes plays.

But given up 28 and 31 to UL & UNC and being HB screen to death by Miami leaves me to think UVA defense could be had. Hopefully, we can make some plays

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
what’s your take on the line? Also, how’s the (brother?) football team doing?
My brother and my team playoffs start next week. Honestly, I think we're going to get smoked, but between the two of us we are happy to have made the playoffs in the first year.

Honestly, I don't think the line is ridiculous. Broncos a weirdo, but he's a rock solid X's and O's defensive coach, and nothing I have seen from you guys on offense would scare me. (Not trying to talk trash, just trying to give an honest appraisal). What I seen from you guys, @Ibeeballin thank you, is pretty much bog-standard spread offense. It won't be anything uva's defense hasn't been practicing against all season long.

On defense,if Perkins stays healthy, I don't think you have the horses to deal with him.

Now, I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again, and maybe Collins has something cooked up, but I think this might be one where GT looks pretty bad on the scoreboard.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
They barely beat Old Dominion. They barely beat Florida State. They lost to Louisville and Miami, only scoring 9 points. They’ll over look us.
I sure hope so. This past Saturday at home was most disappointing. No positive momentum from the win and the week off. Here's to hope, though.