Georgia Postgame

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
26d87bab4e9bbb8c2b2d073435444689.jpg

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
The data says he went from a first season that was nearly this bad, where the coaching staff walked into a situation trying to replace a multi-year starter, to a middle of the pack offense in season 2.

No reason to make a change now, imo, given the other more glaring issues we have.

I totally agree - it's why we can't afford to be stupid on things like PRs, missing chip-shot FGs, etc.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I am glad we aren’t playing peewee football anymore, but CGC has been unimpressive. Since our talent level is way below where it should be, I’m reserving judgement.

The offense is as dreadful as I’ve ever seen as a GT fan.

Pnut , even considering the lack of talent on offense, looks completely incompetent. I hope he is replaced, but I doubt that he will be.

slugboy

Staff member
I got hope in a few places. First half looked good on defense. DL played really gutsy.

The way their linemen had their arms wrapped around our players, they should have gotten a 15 yard flag for waltzing.

Michigan also got blown out, and they’re #13 (or were).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
I recommended earlier in the season the staff bring in a consultant or take some classes on football fundamentals. Hopefully they will in the off season.

Many on here brushed off little things as “inexperienced” errors on the players part. It’s just coaching 101 and we’re lacking.

football fundamentals? Do you think you know more than the staff? Couple of NFL players on that staff, BTW.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Well seasons over. Flush it. Squeeze some more juice. While i'd love to see a different OC we probably don't get one so next year better see some improvement.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I totally agree - it's why we can't afford to be stupid on things like PRs, missing chip-shot FGs, etc.
Picking nits... we shouldn't have attempted the FG in the first half, imo. My bigger issue was with lining up for the attempt, not the miss, even if we have Butker on the sidelines. We weren't going to keep Georgia from scoring on us, given our DL, and that was one of our best opportunities to get 7.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
UGA played awful in the first half, their star running back got injured early, we won the turnover battle 3-1, and we recovered an onside kick and we still lost by 45. If we are serious about competing then our entire offensive coaching staff should be let go in the offseason.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Picking nits... we shouldn't have attempted the FG in the first half, imo. My bigger issue was with lining up for the attempt, not the miss, even if we have Butker on the sidelines. We weren't going to keep Georgia from scoring on us, given our DL, and that was one of our best opportunities to get 7.
I would have kicked. If King makes the kick, you go into half down one score. From a mental perspective, that's huge for the second half. Analytics can't quantify the mental aspect of sports.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
When we got inside the 10 all I could think of is what Paul would have called. Dive, dive to get around the 2 - 3, then a toss sweep. And … we score!

Ah, well. Too bad that. We would have lost using the old O too; Ugag is the better team, especially on D. But … the waste of talent this year is hard to countenance. I'll be writing something on that once I get over being depressed.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
UGA played awful in the first half, their star running back got injured early, we won the turnover battle 3-1, and we recovered an onside kick and we still lost by 45. If we are serious about competing then our entire offensive coaching staff should be let go in the offseason.

You should grab a Snickers...I’m guessing you’re not being serious, but I’ll bite.

You may not like the O coordinator (you are in good company here), but to say that is ridiculous. We have arguably one of the best OL coaches in the NCAA, our WRs have improved throughout the year and I think TC has done a great job with the RBs.