Georgia’s best WR kicked off team.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I never want UGAG to do well in football (or any other sport), but when things like this happen to young boys (yes, they are not yet men), as a parent and grandparent, I hurt for them and their families. I refuse to "gloat" in these bad decisions made by kids, because if not for the grace of God, we could all either be in this situation or have our own young family members in this situation.

There have to be consequences for these bad decisions, I agree, but I hate to see anyone's life be altered forever based on one error or mistake - albeit murder, rape, child abuse, etc. must have strong consequences.

Praying for his mom. I know she is hurting for her son.

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I never want UGAG to do well in football (or any other sport), but when things like this happen to young boys (yes, they are not yet men), as a parent and grandparent, I hurt for them and their families. I refuse to "gloat" in these bad decisions made by kids, because if not for the grace of God, we could all either be in this situation or have our own young family members in this situation.

There have to be consequences for these bad decisions, I agree, but I hate to see anyone's life be altered forever based on one error or mistake - albeit murder, rape, child abuse, etc. must have strong consequences.

Ehh. Choking and punching a girl probably deserves life altering consequences.

Deleted member 2897

Ehh. Choking and punching a girl probably deserves life altering consequences.

No reason he can't continue his education at Georgia. Or if he wants to play somewhere else, I'm sure many 'schools' in the $EC would love his 'skills' brought their way.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Some folks on twitter saying we should offer him. Crazy. I am all about 2nd chances for weed and petty theft. Violent crime? Nah.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I agree, in theory. However, it's not like he had too many parking tickets or "accidentally" took too much Ritalin or w/e to get a PED suspension or something.

He made a series of conscious choices that culminated in him assaulting a woman. He likely had multiple chances to do the right thing but chose not to.

I hope his mom holds him accountable, teaches him how to better deal with situations, and doesn't just coddle him. Prayer is great but sometimes God needs us to make corrective actions in our loved ones lives. Not just 'feel bad' and pray.

I think you picked the right argument but the wrong horse to carry your point (if that makes sense).

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Question as it pertains to Kirby. I know he kicked Chad Clay and Chauncey Rivers off the team in his first couple years, but this is a more serious offense obviously, and a more high profile player. Is he taking a more hard line approach to the whole program given their high standing in the yearly Fulmer Cup standings, or is he actually being moral in this case?

I’m in the camp that he is trying to prove a point with a guy that could have a positive impact on the team, but could be easily replaced by Demetris Robertson (unfortunately), Tyler Simmons, or Kearis Jackson. And they have a couple other 4 stars that could step in too.

It just seems more likely to me that he is covering future problems to the program than taking the moral high ground. If I couldn’t trust the reverend, I’m definitely not trusting this guy.