George Godsey

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
BOB has a bad rep in the nfl right now among coaches as being king ego dickhead. The way he treats his assistants is bad; his general attitude and demeanor is off. He is not someone i would coach for. And i would coach for saban. Its not that its how degrading he is behind the scenes

Imo. Godsey may not like he was let go but wake up in a year or whatever and realize he is better off.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I think some of you guys have your gold-colored glasses on. Godsey was generally thought of as one of the worst offensive coordinators in the NFL from what I've seen. He'll probably get a job as a QB coach somewhere but I'd be very surprised if he got another coordinator position right away.

northgajacket

Banned
I think some of you guys have your gold-colored glasses on. Godsey was generally thought of as one of the worst offensive coordinators in the NFL from what I've seen. He'll probably get a job as a QB coach somewhere but I'd be very surprised if he got another coordinator position right away.

Kind of hard to be a good OC with mediocre players. Not saying he was good, but it is hard.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
After all as the Gaggers saw he CAN run the option with his blazing 5.0 forty speed. One of my favorite plays of all time. Priceless. The Fridge owned UGA.
That is one of my all-time favorite GT plays! I was sitting in the stadium in the midst of a bunch of red shirts and necks when the Goose got loose. I still laugh when I think about the reaction around me.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Loved watching all the dwags leave before half time that afternoon in Athens. Godsey's run was priceless.

That is one of my all-time favorite GT plays! I was sitting in the stadium in the midst of a bunch of red shirts and necks when the Goose got loose. I still laugh when I think about the reaction around me.

Man, those were the days! 3IAR! I expected us to beat the dawgs back then.

Can't forget that shootout JoeHam had with FSU one of those years.