George Godsey

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The gm is close to the owner.

Texans paid a ton for the crummy qb.

The plays called were conservative to see that he did not loose the game for the great defense.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It was rumored Bill O'Brien was out as the coach the last 2 weeks. Seems like someone had to be put on the chopping block because they weren't going to cut their $70+ million QB or eat 2 years of O'Brien's guaranteed contract. Let's make a symbolic firing since you can't get rid of an entire roster of mediocre offensive drafting and signings:

Coaching is such a tough profession.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Who replaced Candeto?

Godsey will get a coordinator job somewhere though.

Candeto didn't leave, he replaced Coach Cook. I can't imagine Goose would come in as asst director of football ops which was Coach Candeto's prior position. From what I understand Goose doesn't want to come back to the college ranks and I don't think he'll have any problems landing another NFL position.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Candeto didn't leave, he replaced Coach Cook. I can't imagine Goose would come in as asst director of football ops which was Coach Candeto's prior position. From what I understand Goose doesn't want to come back to the college ranks and I don't think he'll have any problems landing another NFL position.

This!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Which means there's an opening for candeto's old spot. Only opening I think we have on staff which I then went on to say the Goose wouldn't take.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
...let go by the Texans.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...-part-ways-10860941.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

If you know anything about what's going on with the Texans, looks like Godsey got the short end of it. Sacrificial lamb.

I agree with the firing. Wasn't able to take the worst starting QB in the league and magically convert him into prime-Brady. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, this could be a blessing in disguise for him. Get out from under that cloud. GG sat a few seats down from me when I got out of Tech. Luckily his reception died down by the time they were calling my name. :D

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with the firing. Wasn't able to take the worst starting QB in the league and magically convert him into prime-Brady. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, this could be a blessing in disguise for him. Get out from under that cloud. GG sat a few seats down from me when I got out of Tech. Luckily his reception died down by the time they were calling my name. :D
I'm not sure Osweiler was worse than Fitzpatrick this year, but your point stands...