Geoff Collins worst GT coach of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I think righting the ship after Collins will be a lot easier than repairing the damage that L**** did in facturing the team along racial lines. O'Leary turned out to be the perfect choice to turn around that team. He was such a mean sumabich, that they had no time or inclination to fight with each other.
I hope so. It feels like we have more headwinds to overcome now. Like NIL and schools can now have no real classes for players (Thanks NC). The money disparity between SEC, Big 10 and the ACC. On top of our natural GT limitations

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope so. It feels like we have more headwinds to overcome now. Like NIL and schools can now have no real classes for players (Thanks NC). The money disparity between SEC, Big 10 and the ACC. On top of our natural GT limitations
That, but also Key has already shown that just by fixing simple stuff that have been glaring issues for 3 years now that we can compete in the Coastal. I think the talent to do so is already there and the more I consider, the more I think Collins was overruling good coaching advice from the assistants. Nothing else really makes any sense Otherwise.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Fine. Vent away. I DO understand the therapeutic value.

If there is a way to block a thread and not just an individual poster, please let me know. ;)

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

If there is a way to block a thread and not just an individual poster, please let me know. ;)
I think you can press the “unwatch” button on page 1 of the thread.

slugboy

Staff member

Sadly, no.

I can retitle it, but that would just mean this argument would leak into the HC Search thread more than it already does.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I could tell G**** C**** was an asp:clown: from his first news conference. It's such a shame many on here did not have a modicum level of discernment.
THWG!!
Agree. After his first press conference, I shook my head and thought "this isn't going to go well ". I was roasted on this forum for questioning what he talked about and never posted anything about him again until after he was fired.

I told my group we were going to lose to the Citadel on the drive down to the game and no one debated me. The performance against USF (even though we won) and the obvious lack of any preparation for defending the triple option based on the press conference brought me to this conclusion. It's like he thought it was not possible to lose that game And had zero respect for the opponent. I held little hope for him after that.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree. After his first press conference, I shook my head and thought "this isn't going to go well ". I was roasted on this forum for questioning what he talked about and never posted anything about him again until after he was fired.

I told my group we were going to lose to the Citadel on the drive down to the game and no one debated me. The performance against USF (even though we won) and the obvious lack of any preparation for defending the triple option based on the press conference brought me to this conclusion. It's like he thought it was not possible to lose that game And had zero respect for the opponent. I held little hope for him after that.
Yep, me too, except I kept posting for the 1st year. I am a little more hard headed.

BTW, just to throw in a little dig, Where are all the 4 and 5 star recruits? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Yep, me too, except I kept posting for the 1st year. I am a little more hard headed.

BTW, just to throw in a little dig, Where are all the 4 and 5 star recruits? :unsure::ROFLMAO:
To be fair, we have 4 star guys in I think every position group now. Whether they will live up to that billing has yet to be seen.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
How has that worked out for us?
I try not to get caught up in stars. It's more important for a coach to get the best players he can that will fit his system.
There plenty of overrated players & if you're bad at talent evaluation you end up not figuring out who's overrated & who's underrated. Then there's guy's we recruited that got injured in HS that other teams waived off of. Lastly, once you ge them they need to be trained, coached, conditioned, mental toughness needs to be ingrained in some cases.

We've done most of this poorly. All signs at this moment point to a singular individual supported by his boss. They are both gone. It's up to the remaining coaches to show us it wasn't them, too.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
People are overblowing what Lewis took over. That team was unranked the year before and needed a last second field goal to beat Furman. They also lost to a 3 win South Carolina team. We were a great program in 1990. We weren’t a top 15 program in 1991.
1991 was the year Ross suspended our starting RBs over the books. 1992, Lewis said we did not have the personnel to run the ball. Our backfield was Shawn Jones, William Bell and Dorsey Levens.

Jolly Good Fellow
1991 was the year Ross suspended our starting RBs over the books. 1992, Lewis said we did not have the personnel to run the ball. Our backfield was Shawn Jones, William Bell and Dorsey Levens.
NO ONE has more connected, insider, historical GTFB memory than AugustaBuzz.... He is the Godfather of commenters on the Swarm..... When he and I disagree about who-what-where-when relative to GT football, I know I am wrong........

Status
Not open for further replies.