Geoff Collins to be on XM ACC 371...

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
@NtTomNtPhilGCollins:

Someone's position has zero relevance once they are recruited to a Power 5 school. Go ask Gary Patterson at TCU why he recruits RB's and turns them into pass rushers. My best example is right here at GT:

A walk-on DT was kicking the fool out of the offensive line, mostly centers, when CPJ took notice and switched him to offense where he played center and started for two seasons earning ALL ACC both his Junior and Senior seasons; "Sean Bedford." Maybe he never played offensive line in HS but he sure did one heck of a job as a Yellow Jacket! Apparently he had the skill set for O-Line, or somebody (Coach) taught him the mechanics to play the position.

He also won the Burl Walk On Award the first year it was presented IIRC.

Don't judge a book by the cover, or take the time to read it first. Unless you have some coaching pedigree we're not aware of, take caution in parroting sound bites as this board doesn't take too kindly to GT Student Athletes being attacked by anyone who comes across the way you currently are being received. My $.02.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Look, another thread about CGC which has become an opportunity to take direct or passive aggressive shots at CPJ.

I don't get the impression that anyone asked CGC why his Temple teams did not have 10 win records like his predecessor. So, we don't know if his responses would be like CPJ or not.
It’s actually pretty simple if you check out anything related to Temple football. Rhule had a senior heavy team including a QB who started for 4 years who had finished when he took the Baylor job. Collins had to rebuild and find a QB which presented problem. They did struggle on offense for a fair amount in his first year and the start of the second but seemed to start clicking this year. Their defense was very good both years. Had he not left I think he would be challenging that 10 win total next year.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It’s actually pretty simple if you check out anything related to Temple football. Rhule had a senior heavy team including a QB who started for 4 years who had finished when he took the Baylor job. Collins had to rebuild and find a QB which presented problem. They did struggle on offense for a fair amount in his first year and the start of the second but seemed to start clicking this year. Their defense was very good both years. Had he not left I think he would be challenging that 10 win total next year.

Smh, Not arguing. My point was simply that folks were comparing CPJ's responses to stop-beating-your-wife questions to CGC's responses to share your excitement questions.

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you mean academic hurdles

I posted this in another topic and very few replied

In the 2019 recruiting class in GA, there were 39 players rated 4* or 5*, CPJ offered 26 of them, that is a .666 ratio--- if you extrapolate over the Top100 Recruits in GA that means that 66 should be academic qualifiers for GT

After all, CPJ wouldn't offer if they couldn't get accepted or couldn't graduate with some effort

If 66 of the Top100 are academic qualifiers for GT according to CPJ's own actions then maybe the academic hurdle is lower than folks make it out to be

I personally know a guy that works for one of those services and he swears that 60 to 70 of the Top100 in Ga could qualify for GT if GT had the right recruiting pitch to attract them

Maybe Coach G is the right guy

I' m optimistic and glad to see GT back in the business of big time CFB
All schollies are conditional based upon academic performance prior to HS graduation. Chances are most of those offers would never come to fruition. But CPJ and staff have to make the offers in hopes that it will work out for both the kid and GT. In order to succeed at Tech, they should be taking AP classes. I suspect that's what the recruiters tell them, and probably determines who we can realistically get. The coaches and recruits get it. Fans should too.

Last edited: