1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

General thread about gun control/gun legislation

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Whiskey_Clear, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Sidewalking

Sidewalking Banned

It's an opinion. Can you prove your opinion that Snopes is an unbiased fact check orgainization? No you can't. Stop making a stupid argument.

2. Sidewalking

Sidewalking Banned

Just bought a new lower....hoping to pick it up at my FFL after work today. Still having internal debate in my head about next upper....SBR?, AR pistol?, 11", 13.7", 14.5", or 16"?......decisions decisions.....

3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Huh? We just got done explaining why they're incorrect with supporting evidence.

4. armeck

armeck Ramblin' Wreck

No you didn't. You both offered hypothetical stories where you showed how you think Snopes would twist a story, you did not provide a single instance oaf a finding where Snopes was shown to wrong. That is so far from "proof...

5. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

False. We just got done documenting through the referencing of news articles and stories and videos that there weren't confederate flags flying everywhere. In a crowd of 25,000 people, one half-flag was found and one 2-inch sticker flag thing was found. We also found articles referencing that 3 different police departments had assigned nearly 1,000 officers to the gathering, so the notion that there weren't any cops there was also proven incorrect.

So that 1 single Snopes story was wrong on both counts. AOC's contention was that "all these people were flying confederate flags" and there were "almost no police officers". Both are easily proven false. Snopes said the contentions were true.

6. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

You mean like when Trump says stuff that makes me laugh and gets twitter all upset?

7. armeck

armeck Ramblin' Wreck

I like Presidents who are above being an internet troll. He's a basic *****, appealing to the lowest denominator and you guys are lapping it up as if it's something to idolize.

I think you all have a misconception of me. I've not once voted for a federal Democrat, only for a local government. I participated in the Republican Primary in 2016. Trump was not my choice. I found him silly, unserious, and intellectually basic. I WANTED A REPUBLICAN TO WIN 2016. Trump is the worst outcome and really all of us should not think the way he acts, the way he speaks, the way he conducts our business is normal.

8. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

SOME are lapping it up. Others call him a Maniac, a human troll, and a bombastic *******.

9. ramblinwreckguru

ramblinwreckguru Helluva Engineer

Who did you vote for in the General election? The Green Party?

10. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

We all knew Trump was a complete imbecile going into the election. So the fact he is what he is, is not the worst outcome. He's implemented every campaign promise he offered. That is actually the best possible outcome. I mean, it would be nice if he'd stop being a total and complete *******. But absent that, its amazing he did what he said he would...despite nearly the full weight of the government subverting his administration.

11. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

AMEN !!! I knew full well ahead of time what a jerk he can be, but I liked his promises and his focus on America first. He may continue to be a jerk, but he HAS worked towards keeping his promises and has, in fact, actually kept many of them.

12. Sidewalking

Sidewalking Banned

It's been standard operating procedure for the DNC for quite a while and has been very successful for them. Left is just mad that Trump does it as good or better than they have. Whah.

13. armeck

armeck Ramblin' Wreck

An imbecile makes imbecilic promises and implements them - that's a good scenario?

14. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

He didn't make imbecilic promises. I'm talking about tax cuts, renegotiated trade deals, making other governments pay their fair share at the UN/NATO, reducing regulations, and so on. Yes, a politician doing what they campaigned on is a best case scenario, policy-wise.

15. Supersizethatorder-mutt

What "imbecilic promises" did he make?

16. GTRules

GTRules Jolly Good Fellow

That he would beat Hillz, firstly.

17. Supersizethatorder-mutt

But he DID beat Hillz.

18. GTRules

GTRules Jolly Good Fellow

The first promise he kept. And the one that pisses off the most people.

But at the time it seemed imbecilic that he thought he could beat her.

19. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Agree 100%

20. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

I had never seen this flag before so I tried to look it up. Maybe someone can find it because all I could find is it appears to be some flag an online store called “Rebel Nation” sells along with a bunch of other “redneck” junk. It is not a Confederate flag technically.

If you want an instance of Snopes fact checking being inaccurate, look no further than their “TRUE” rating with a big check mark indicating AOC’s comments were accurate. The video shows that her comments clearly “FALSE”, and if you try to warp it for max effect was you could possibly conclude it may have been extremely misleading. There’s no way an unbiased rater could have concluded her comments “TRUE”. That much is true.