General News about Key and his Staff

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We've needed a "Director of Wardrobes Prior To Picture Taking" for a long time. The knots on some of the ties these guys put on for these pictures is atrocious but that lapel is whole other level of ugly.
I had a great gtaa rep that stayed in touch
She did helpful things but she quit because she got a better job ($$).

TFG had priorites all backwsrds - do lots of little things before being sure the big things are even connected. At end of 21 season he would run after loose ball on sideline then run give it to the line judge. During pregame warm ups , he had each position group announced separately.

But yes, by next year hope we can get some quality control on photos of the staff.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I had a great gtaa rep that stayed in touch
She did helpful things but she quit because she got a better job ($$).

TFG had priorites all backwsrds - do lots of little things before being sure the big things are even connected. At end of 21 season he would run after loose ball on sideline then run give it to the line judge. During pregame warm ups , he had each position group announced separately.

But yes, by next year hope we can get some quality control on photos of the staff.
I wonder which of his parents didn't pay enough attention to him. He always did weird **** that seemed like he wanted someone to like him.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I wonder which of his parents didn't pay enough attention to him. He always did weird **** that seemed like he wanted someone to like him.
He moved around like Pruitt and statred fast some slogan solutions that he never had to prove they are sustainable.

He coached like he was the players mother. So i go with he had a very protective mothercwho told him it was his intentions that mattered.
After my son had his first freshman football game, the head coach gave them some post game advice. " You guys know u played like Xxxx. When your parents come up to you listen to each of them and then say nothing and consider this. One or both of them will say "you had a good game". That person is full of Xxxx or a liar.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
After my son had his first freshman football game, the head coach gave them some post game advice. " You guys know u played like Xxxx. When your parents come up to you listen to each of them and then say nothing and consider this. One or both of them will say "you had a good game". That person is full of Xxxx or a liar.
What did their fat little girlfriends say to them?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What did their fat little girlfriends say to them?
My sons beautiful loving mother said you played great and his fat dad said you all looked like crap. ( later he said to me " coach told us you would say that.)

Never asked about what his girl friend asked. Will ask and advise.

My son is high school coach and uses that story w his freshmen. Adding what the girlfriend asked could be cool.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
My sons beautiful loving mother said you played great and his fat dad said you all looked like crap. ( later he said to me " coach told us you would say that.)

Never asked about what his girl friend asked. Will ask and advise.

My son is high school coach and uses that story w his freshmen. Adding what the girlfriend asked could be cool.
Son said that Fat girl friend joke is a Mike Leach ism. I can see that.

Wonder if we will see any wit from Key

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If you haven’t seen the press conference where Leach said that, it is comedy gold. Should look it up.
Found it, thanks.

I ll get there
In 95 Mike Leach recruited bj symnons to Texas tech from my sons high school. 2 years earlier in 93 we ran half power I and half air raid. Went 13-0 . Next 2 years bj who had a cannon arm ran the air raid. Was offered by ou but went w Leach to texas tech. He sat bench for a while w some injuries. Leach be came head coach.

Dispite knee injury as a senior Symnons had the greatest passing season in football history. VIDEO GAME STATS. For example bj got 770 yds against UNC.

Now we are there.

That record was just eclipsed by Western Kentucky last year. WE JUST HIRED THEIR WR COACH.
The plan........

Spring game will tell us a lot. The TAM kid and Pyron will make that fun.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We've needed a "Director of Wardrobes Prior To Picture Taking" for a long time. The knots on some of the ties these guys put on for these pictures is atrocious but that lapel is whole other level of ugly.
They too often look like a 3rd grader attempt to wear one for sure. Glad it is not just me that notices that.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Staff

I think i see Batt's hand in the organization
Recruiting - player relations people are vital for us since we are only school w high academics and limited course offerings. Todd Spencer had zero help and now we have 4. They are diverse in skill sets yet can all work in any area. They can help w fund raising! I like that we aren't crippled if one or 2 guys leave. Watson and Joe will be great w kids. This group will let the coaches coach, help maximize the coaches impact during recruiting and help us retain players.

Love the OC and WR hire. We can't afford to buy from top teams, but we did shop from top teams ( 2 time national champ - uga and highest ranked pass attack in history - wk). If they have visible impact this year we could take a major up tick in 24 portal WR

The not flashy position coaches at ol, lb, and strength seems to be in likness of Brent Key - just do your damn job. By end of year gt will finally be solid at the line of scrimmage.

Of course getting Marco back is a clear message of valuing NFL path and loyalty to gt football .

The best thing so far is the non bragging from Key. He knows what happens on the field will measure his success.

For sure great staff organizationally.

If the position coaches are good teachers, the coordinators are good at game plan, gt will play good hard nose winning football.

I hope Key opens up the passing, mixes in the 2 te power run game and keeps the aggressive defense.